Mahesh Navami falls on Navami or the ninth day of the Shukla Paksha in the month of Jyestha. The festival is mainly celebrated by the devotees of Lord Shiva who is popularly known by various names, one of which is Mahesh. The name is a symbol of deep devotion towards Lord Shiva. It is believed that he appeared in front of his devotees for the first time on the auspicious day of Mahesh Navami. The day is dedicated to Lord Shiva.
This year Mahesh Navami falls on May 31.
Date and Timings for Mahesh Navami 2020:
Mahesh Navami 2020 Date: 31st May 2020, Sunday
Sunrise: 6.20 AM
Sunset: 6.12 PM
Navami Tithi begins at 6.27 PM on 30th May 2020
Navami Tithi ends at 4.06 PM on 31st May 2020
Mahesh Navami Puja Vidhi:
- On this auspicious day, Lord Shiva and Goddess Parvati are bathed in Milk and the Holy water, preferably with a few drops of Ganges water (Gangajal).
- Bilva leaves (Bale-Patra) and flowers, are offered upon the Shivalinga.
- While worshipping Lord Shiva, drums are beaten, just like the one lord bears along his trishool. Some devotees also believe that if offered with Lotus flower, Goddess Parvati bestows the worshipper with all the content of his/her wishes.
Mahesh Navami Story:
- According to legends, King Khandelson was blessed with a son named Sujansen, after he worshipped Lord Shiva with utmost devotion and dedication.
- Another story linked with Mahesh Navami is that once many hunters attacked the ashram and disturbed the sages. With this act of hunters, sages got angry and cursed them to become stone. Later, the wives of those hunters prayed to Lord Shiva to get rid of the curse.
- Lord Shiva agreed to help them on the condition that they will have to stop hunting and involve themselves in some other work. The women agreed to the condition, and then all the hunters were rescued.
- The hunters concentrated on other businesses and they named their community as the Maheshwari community after the name of Lord Mahesh to show their devotion to Lord Shiva. Since then it is believed that Lord Shiva was the savior of the ancestors of the community.
- If you are facing any challenges or problems in life, then worshipping Lord Shiva on this day will help you to navigate the challenges and bring happiness in your life. For personalized rituals based on your birth chart, especially for Mahesh Navami, consult our expert astrologers.
Celebration of Mahesh Navami:
It is predominantly a festival of Hindus and is celebrated in many parts of the country especially in Rajasthan. Newly wedded couples are especially asked to worship the Lord and Goddess Parvati on this day to start the new phase in their lives with happiness and goodwill. Devotees from all walks of life worship Mahesh and Goddess Parvati on this day. Temples are adorned with flowers and are accompanied by piousness and serenity all over the place.
Rituals Of Mahesh Navami:
- Devotees wake up early in the morning, get ready, and start decorating the temples with flowers. It is also believed that newly married couples worship Lord Mahesh and Goddess Parvati on this day to invite happiness in their lives.
- Special Lord Shiva Mantras are chanted by devotees throughout the night. Moreover, special Jhanki wherein pictures of Lord Shiva are taken to homes of devotees. During that time, prayers are chanted.
- Yajnas are also performed at the residence of devotees. Rudraabhishekam is also performed on this day, it is the important ritual of Mahesh Navami.
- Bhajan Sandhya is organized in the temples, the aarti is performed and then prasad is distributed to devotees after the completion of the Puja ceremony.
Mahesh Navami Wishes, messages, SMS, status and quotes to share with your friends and family
On the day of Mahesh Navami, worship Lord Shiva by law. On this day, worship Lord Shiva with lotus flowers, Happy Mahesh Navami!
Wishing each one of you and your family a very Happy Mahesh Navami. May Lord Mahesha family (Mahesh Parivar) fulfill all your wishes in Health, Wealth & Happiness in your life.
May this Mahesh Navami bring happiness and celebration in every Maheshwari family, Happy Mahesh Navami
Long live the tradition of Maheshwari culture and as the generations have passed by Maheshwari culture is getting stronger and stronger let’s keep it up. Best Wishes for Mahesh Navami.
May the Maheshwari tradition and culture live long, Happy Mahesh Navami
Mahesh Navami brings through, the beauty of the culture and elements around it.
Mahesh Navami Wishes and Blessings to you and your family. May the almighty Lord Rama bless you all, with good things and perfect health. Happy Mahesh Navami
Mahesh Navami Quotes:
In Tantric tradition, Shiva and Shakti or Purusha and Prakriti represent the two fundamental forces that sustain the universe; all that exists is an interplay of these forces.
The seeds of divinity live in everyone. Chanting of Om Namah Shivaya mantra is the art of sprouting that divinity.
The logic is simple: if you do the right things, the right things will happen to you even without your intent.
I listened mesmerized, visualizing the goddess with her divine mate, wondering if it was possible for humans to replicate this perfect relationship.
Creation and Destruction are attached. If something dies, another thing takes birth and everything between the creation and destruction is your journey of life.