Make Up Your Mind Day is celebrated on December 31 of every year. Make Up Your Mind Day will prove there is a day for everything in your life.
So to all the undecided peoples out there, no matter whether you are having a habit of annoying your friends to pick a dish at a restaurant or trying to decide if you’re ready for that career change, this is the day to choose the right choice.
History of Make Up Your Mind Day:
The exact origin and the founder of Make Up Your Mind Day are still unknown. Make Up Your Mind Day is the perfect day to stop putting things off for fear of responsibility and ensure that things get done.
There is no better day to do this than New year’s eve. Because of this, the day stands on the brink of a whole new year, and wondering what that could do to make it your own.
It may be scary at first while taking crucial decisions, but the ultimate goal of life is to make bold decisions and stick with them.
Quotes to Make Up Your Mind:
- Never Defeat in a sacred cause and make up your minds, henceforth that you will be pure and you will find a response from God. – Mahatma Gandhi
- You are about as happy as you make your mind to be. – Mark Twain
- Always bear in mind that your resolution to succeed is more important than any other. – Abraham Lincoln
- If you feel pain, you have to decide whether you can play with it or not. – James Worthy
- You must make up your mind to the prospect of sustaining a certain measure of pain and trouble in your passage throughout life. – John Henry Newman
- If you want to be sad, no one in the world can make you happy. But if you decide to be happy, no one and nothing on the earth can take happiness from you. – Paramahansa Yogananda
- The mind is all that counts. You can be whatever you make up your mind to be. – Rober Collier
- I learned that if you want to get somewhere, you just make up your mind and work like hell till you get there. – S. E. Hinton
- To hope is to risk frustration. Make up your mind to risk disappointment. – Thomas Merton
- If you don’t make up your mind, your unmade mind will unmake you. – E. Stanley Jones
How to Observe Make Up Your Mind Day:
Be hesitant in making Decisions, making up your mind, making the decision, and don’t worry about the things that could have been happening in the future. Resolve the things to make quick decisions.
For example, next time, when you are at a restaurant, give yourself a little bit of time to make your menu selection. If you are struggling to make decisions, You can consult with your friends or family friends and push you up when you start waffling.
You analyze your decisions by listing the pros and cons list and reasons out the consequences for your decisions. The crucial thing is that you have to stick to your decision and don’t bank on it at any time.
How to Celebrate?
- By making up your mind, of course. Have a big decision to make? Don’t hesitate, just do it and don’t worry about what could have been.
- Resolve to make quick decisions and try not to regret them. For example, next time you are at a restaurant, give yourself a time limit to make your menu selection and stick to it.
- Struggling to be decisive? Ask a friend or a family member to be your support system. Tell them to pull you back in line every time you start waffling.
- Meditate over your decisions. Make a pro and con list and reason out the consequences of your decision logically. Stick to the list and once you have made your decision, do not go back on it.
Interesting facts on National Make up Your Mind Day:
Being decisive is difficult and most needed in this fast-moving world. The following steps are generally followed in decision making:
- Identifying the nature of the decision.
- Collecting relevant information.
- Identifying alternatives.
- Evaluating the alternatives and arranging according to priority.
- Choosing the best alternative(top priority).
- Taking positive action to implement the alternative chosen.
- Reviewing the decision and its consequences.