MI vs CSK Dream11 Prediction: The Mumbai Indians and Chennai Super Kings are two of the strongest and most competitive teams to feature in the IPL (Indian Premier League) today. The Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings rivalry is the stuff of IPL legend. Each side has some of the most talented cricket players (both Indian and international) and multiple T20 records to their credit.
For Mumbai Indians, Rohit Sharma is the captain and Mahela Jayawardene is the coach. The Ambanis’ Reliance Industries owns the team with the Wankhede Stadium in Mumbai being their home turf. Whereas, Mahendra Singh Dhoni is the captain and Stephen Fleming, the coach of the Chennai Super Kings. Chennai Super Kings Cricket Ltd. owns CSK and M.A. Chidambaram Stadium in Chennai is their home ground.
CSK and MI – the two heavyweight champions of IPL are set to resume their rivalry in the opening fixture to be held at Abu Dhabi. The last time these two faced off each other was in a thrilling final at Hyderabad where Malinga’s dipping slower ball yorker in the last ball of the match helped MI hold supremacy over other teams with a record 4th title victory.
CSK vs MI When and Where:
CSK vs MI, 44th T20, Indian Premier League, 2019.
MA Chidambaram Stadium, Chennai.
26th April, 08:00 PM
CSK vs MI Pitch report
Abu Dhabi is a bit similar to Jaipur with quite larger boundaries compared to Sharjah and Dubai, but if the pitches provided at the 2019 Abu-Dhabi T10 tournament are an indicator, we can expect the batsman to dominate this match especially at the start of the tournament with the decks being fresh. Temperature is expected to be around 34 to 36 degree Celsius with a high percentage of humidity which makes the appearance of dew a possibility.
Dream11 Mumbai Indians (MI) Probable Playing 11
Quinton de Kock
Kieron Pollard/Nathan Coulter-Nile
MItchell McClenaghan / Trent Boult
Dream11 Chennai Super Kings (CSK) Probable Playing 11
Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings – Facts to know:
There is never a dull moment in any Chennai Super Kings vs Mumbai Indians match! Read on to know more about one of the fiercest rivalries that has captivated fans over the years:
- The Chennai Super Kings have emerged as the IPL Winner in three seasons so far (2010, 2011 and 2018)
- All of the matches that Chennai Super Kings have played on their home ground have been tremendous wins for them.
- Every Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings match has been action-packed and suspenseful. There have been 28 CSK vs MI matches so far, out of which CSK have won 11.
- The Chennai Super Kings have played 165 matches so far, winning 100 of them. The Mumbai Indians have played 169 matches so far, winning 109 in total.
- Rohit Sharma, also known fondly as the ‘Hitman’ has a high total runs tally of 4898 and a strike rate of 130.82. He is known to bring his best performance to every Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings match, having guided his team to take home the cup in 2013, 2015 , 2017 & 2019.
- Hardik Pandya, the Mumbai Indians all-rounder, has a batting strike rate of 154.78 and has taken forty two wickets in total so far in IPL till now & his skills will be very much valuable to his team.
- Lasith Malinga, the MI bowling ace, has taken 170 wickets, the highest in the history of the IPL.
- MS Dhoni is always a delight to watch during any Chennai Super Kings vs Mumbai Indians match. Known to be a heavy hitter, he has amassed 209 sixes and 297 fours so far. Under his leadership, his team has won the fair play award for a staggering six seasons of the IPL, including in 2008, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2014 and 2015 under his captaincy.
- Ambati Rayudu is the player who has been consistent in scoring runs for CSK. He will be entrusted with steadying the middle order when the going gets tough.
- Harbhajan Singh is a key player during every Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings game. In the past, he has nailed 150 dismissals and has a bowling economy rate of 7.05 thus far.
- Dwayne Bravo, the CSK all-rounder, deserves special mention in every CSK vs MI team stats list. He stands out with a strike rate of 135.52 and a batting average of 26.48 over the seasons. He has a bowling economy rate of 8.37 and has dismissed 104 wickets overall.