Mumbai: iPhone kept on charging explodes, youth left with burn injuries after bed catches fire
Maharashtra, Tech

Mumbai: iPhone kept on charging explodes, youth left with burn injuries after bed catches fire

In a shocking incident, a 22-year-old youth, a resident of Ambernath suffered minor burn injuries on his legs after his iPhone suddenly exploded on May 12. The man named Amit Bhandari (22) claimed that he had bought the iPhone for Rs 26,000 last year.

The man said that after returning home from a wedding on Sunday night, he kept his phone on the bed to charge it. Ten minutes later, the phone exploded and his bed caught fire due to which he suffered burn injuries on leg. The man then threw water to douse off the fire. Post the incident, he rushed to the hospital to get himself admitted. However, he was discharged from the hospital on Monday.

The victim then sent an online complaint on Monday to the phone manufacturer but did not receive any response till Wednesday. He had alleged in the complaint that he has been using Apple phones for many years. Last year, after he got his old iPhone got damaged he bought iPhone 6 for Rs 26,000 and used it for hardly 14 months and after which it exploded. He also said in his complaint that if expensive brands such as iPhones will cause such type of incidents then trusting other brands is difficult.

This is not a first-time such an incident has happened. A similar incident was reported in December last year, where a mobile explosion left four members of Shahpur family injured.

Bihar: Reliance JioPhone explodes, company offers woman’s treatment cost after inquiry

Latest Update