The 14th Prime Minister of India, Narendra Damodardas Modi, on September 17 is celebrating his 70th birthday. Narendra Modi is viewed as one of the most influential leaders of India. More than 49 million people across the globe follow PM Modi on Instagram and more than 12 million followers on Twitter. From a tea seller to the Prime Minister of India, his journey has been inspiring to millions.
On Wednesday, members of Bharatiya Sindhu Sena cut a 70 feet long cake to celebrate ahead of the Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s 70th birthday, in Bhopal. Wishes across the globe from various leaders and fans are pouring in on this occasion. No doubt, time to time Modi has proved his fair governance and his idea of empowering India digitally.
On the occasion of our Prime Minister’s 70th birthday, here are 10 things about him you never knew:
- Narendra Modi has a sense of patriotism straight from his teenager. During his teenage, he did not only supported his country but he also assisted and helped soldiers during the 1965 Indo-Pak War. When the train would arrive at the station he would rush with hot glasses of masala tea and thank them for their services.
- As a school kid, he was feisty and brave. One fine day, he brought a baby crocodile to his school.
- Narendra Modi also explored his artistic side during his school days. He actively participated in various plays that were strictly fundraisers.
- During adolescence when people are busy enjoying life and spending most of the time with friends, Modi became a self-traveller. He was influenced and inspired by the gypsy culture during those days and visited multiple places including meeting ancient Saints and sadhus on the Himalayas. He wrote poetry and enjoyed photography in his early 20’s.
- Narendra Modi possesses a flair for photography and poetry. He writes poetry in his mother tongue, Gujarati. His poetry works also got published and he held an exhibition to showcase his photography skills.
- Most of the people think that our PM is not illiterate as he was a tea seller. Well, it is untrue. Modi has attended one of the most prestigious universities of India, Delhi University.
- Moreover, Narendra Modi undertook a three months course in the United States. There he studied image management and public relations.
- Modi is a staunch advocate of the adage, ‘Work is Worship’. Throughout his service as the Chief Minister of Gujarat, he didn’t take any leave.
- After becoming the 14th Prime Minister of India, Narendra Modi is among the four people who are followed by the Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe on Twitter. He has more than 12 million followers on Twitter. After the current USA President Obama, he is the most followed leader in the world.
- PMO, Narendra Modi is highly cautious of his dressing style. His clothes are always creaseless.