Some certain driving licenses and certificates of registration services on behalf of the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways have been made fully online. Now people do not have to go to the RTOs to avail these services.
These facilities can now be availed online through Aadhaar authentication. The service has now become completely contactless, which will save you a lot of time and as well as help avoid corona infections.
Certain services regarding Driving License and Certificate of Registration have been made completely online. Now these services can be availed without going to RTO. With Aadhaar authentication, on voluntary basis, anyone can get the benefit of these contactless services. pic.twitter.com/UBBvbbsGfG
— MORTHINDIA (@MORTHIndia) March 4, 2021
Thousands of people come to RTOs every day for a driving license and certificate of registration. At times, the crowd becomes so dense that people have to wait for hours. But now people will be able to take advantage of these services online in the comfort of their homes.
Announcing the information on Twitter, MoRTH India said, “This will reduce the compliance burden on citizens, helping them to avail these services in a hassle-free, contactless manner. This will also reduce the footfall in the RTO office, which will further increase the efficiency of the RTO offices as well.”
These services related to Driving Licenses and Certificates of Registration are now online
18 RTO-related services have now been made online to keep the number of people coming to RTOs at least.
- Learner’s License.
- Renewal of Driving License for which test of competence to drive is not required.
- Duplicate Driving License.
- Change of Address in Driving License and Certificate of Registration.
- Issue of International Driving Permit.
- Surrender of Class of Vehicle from License.
- Application for Temporary Registration of motor vehicle.
- Application for Registration of motor vehicle with a fully built body.
- Application for issue of duplicate Certificate of Registration.
- Application for Grant of NOC for Certificate of Registration.
- Notice of Transfer of Ownership of motor vehicle.
- Application for Transfer of Ownership of motor vehicle.
- Intimation of Change of Address in Certificate of Registration.
- Application for registration for driver training from Accredited Driver training centre.
- Application for registration of motor vehicle of Diplomatic Officer.
- Application for assignment of Fresh Registration Mark of motor vehicle of Diplomatic Officer.
- Endorsement of hire-purchase agreement.
- Termination of hire-purchase agreement.
The special thing is that you will not need to submit a variety of documents to take advantage of these features introduced online. You just have to go to the parivahan.gov.in website and enter your Aadhaar number and get the verification done.