Prithvi Shaw is the most sought batsman and is often touted to be one of the upcoming prodigies. The youngster hails from Gaya, Bihar and it was AAP Entertainment who offered an education with cricket. This was his first sponsorship.
Shaw captains the U-19 Indian cricket team and scripted records at galore in his debut game itself. The Mumbai batsman made his first-class debut for Mumbai in the semi-finals of the 2016–17 Ranji Trophy on 1 January 2017.
On his birthday, here are interesting facts about Delhi Capitals’ batsman, Prithvi Shaw
- Shaw played for Middle Income Group i.e. MIG cricket Club in Bandra, Mumbai. He also captained his school Rizvi Springfield High School and the Mumbai under-16 team.
- Prithvi had to travel for about three hours every day for his practice.
- It was the former Indian cricketer Nilesh Kulkarni who spotted his batting talent in 2010.
- The 21-year-old captained Rizvi Springfield for a couple of Harris Shield titles in 2012 and 2013. This is the most prestigious trophy in Indian youth cricket where many schools participate in the matches.
- In April 2012, Shaw was invited to England to play for Cheadle Hulme School in Manchester and scored 1,446 runs during a two-month stay. Shaw scored a century on his debut and had a stunning average of 84. He also took 64 wickets.
- Prithvi was a central character in the documentary film ‘Beyond All Boundaries‘, in the year 2013
- Shaw became the second-youngest Indian after Sachin Tendulkar to make a Test century and the youngest Indian to do so on Test debut.