Around 90 students fell sick in Uttar Pradesh’s Mirzapur district after consuming the contaminated meal. Initially, they complained of abdominal pain and vomiting after eating following which they were admitted to the Vindhyachal health center.
Around 45 students’ condition turned serious and they were referred to another hospital. “Some students complained of abdominal pain and vomiting after eating the food. When we checked the food we found a tail of lizard which could have contaminated the food,” Jai Singh, principal of the school said.
The school is located in Persia Dhuwa village of Vindhyachal. No causality has been reported so far.
The incident came just days after 300 students of Saraswati Shishu Mandir school fell sick in UP’s Shamli district due to inhaling chemical waste from a neighbouring sugar mill. The kids were rushed to hospital after they complained of vomiting, itching, and tears in the eyes.
UP CM Adityanath had told that an inquiry to be launched by the Commissioner.