UCEED admit card 2022 release update: The Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Bombay has postponed the release of admit cards for the upcoming Undergraduate Common Entrance Test for Design (UCEED) 2022. Registered candidates set to appear for the exam will be able to download their admit cards from the official website www.uceed.iitb.ac.in from January 12 onwards. Previously, it was scheduled to be released today.
UCEED 2022 will be held on January 23. As per the revised schedule, the admit card can be downloaded from January 12 and the results will be announced on March 10. Once released, UCEED admit card 2022 will be available at www.uceed.iitb.ac.in.
UCEED admit card 2022: Important points at a glance
Candidate must carry a printed copy of the downloaded Admit Card and retain it with him/herself for the duration of the examination.
- Candidate must check and be present at the correct centre on the day of the exam as per the address and schedule given in the Admit Card.
- Only candidates having a valid Admit Card will be allowed inside the examination centre.
- Candidate’s identity will be verified by invigilators as well as IIT representatives. If the identity of the candidate is in doubt, the candidate may not be allowed to appear for the examination. However, the authorities at their discretion may permit the candidate to appear for the examination after completing certain formalities.
No extra time will be allowed for completing the examination in lieu of the time taken for completing these formalities.
In case a candidate with doubtful identity is permitted to appear, his/her candidature shall be subject to the decision of UCI Committee, which shall be final and binding.
- Impersonation and/or use of any unfair means in the examination is a serious offence which will result in immediate disqualification of the candidate from UCEED, and lead to criminal proceedings against the candidate.
- Candidate will NOT be allowed to carry any electronic device (mobile phones, smart phones, digital/smart watches, calculators, tablets and the like), abacus, slide rule, log books, study material of any type, geometry box, and so on to the examination hall. A list of forbidden items will be put-up on the website before the exam, if there are additional items.
- Candidate has to remain in the examination hall for the entire duration of the examination.
UCEED admit card 2022: SYLLABUS
UCEED 2022 will have two parts.
Part-A will have questions from the following topics:
- Visualization and spatial ability: Pictorial and diagrammatic questions to test
understanding of transformation and/or manipulation of 2D shapes and 3D objects and
their spatial relationships, knowledge of practical and everyday mechanical and
- Observation and design sensitivity: Ability to detect concealed properties in ordinary
things, people, situations, and events, and thinking critically about them. Applying
attention to certain details, analysing, reasoning, classifying, inferring and predicting.
Ability to discern subtle differences in visual properties and aesthetic outcomes.
- Environmental and social awareness: General awareness of environmental factors such
as climate, population, water, vegetation, pollution, weather, natural resources etc., and
their implications on the design of products, images, infrastructure and environment.
Awareness of social and cultural connection with design, history of the designed
artefact, and socially responsible and environmentally sustainable design responses.
History of art, sculpture and literature.
- Analytical and logical reasoning: Ability to look at information, be it qualitative or
quantitative in nature, and discern patterns within the information. Ability to weigh
opinions, arguments or solutions against appropriate criteria. Ability to check for hidden
bias or hidden assumptions and whether evidence and argument support conclusions.
Ability to use logic and structured thinking to deduce from a short passage, which of a
number of statements is the most accurate response to a posed question. Data
interpretation, brainteasers, and patterns.
- Language and creativity: Ability to understand and use Standard English. Reading
comprehension, knowledge of English grammar. Ability to think creatively in terms of
alternatives, ability to distinguish innovative options and to think out- of-the-box.
- Design thinking and problem solving: Ability to use visual analogies, metaphors, signs
and symbols. Ability to understand complexity, identify problems, generate alternatives,
evaluate options and select solutions.
Part-B will have ONE question from the following topic:
- Drawing: Ability to draw products, people or scenes in proportion with good line
quality, composition, proportion, perspective and shading.
Note: The topics given above are exhaustive and indicative of the nature of questions.
However, the UCEED 2022 may not cover all the topics.