The BJP is all set for the government in Uttar Pradesh after 15 years. The party last ruled the state in alliance with the BSP after the 1996 elections.The BJP appears to be clearly ahead in 200 constituencies, leaving rivals SP-Congress combine and the BSP far behind going by trends available during the first two hours of counting.
Here are the latest developments and trends of UP polls:
- The BJP is ahead in 292 constituencies; the SP-Cong. combine in 71 seats and the BSP in 18.
- Aparna Yadav trails Rita Joshi (BJP) in Lucknow Cant seat.
- Shivpal Singh Yadav leads in Jaswantnagar by 2,120 votes. The BJP is the second place.
- Minister Azam Khan leading in Rampur, Aditi Singh of the Congress is leading in Raebareli.
- Abdullah is leading from Suar by 401 votes; the BJP is in second.
- Rajnath Singh’s son PankajSingh is leading in Noida.
- Sangeet Som is leading in Sardhana by over 8,500 votes.
- In Amethi, BJP’s Garima Singh is ahead of Gayatri Prasad by 4,000 votes.
- Trends show BJP’s Suresh Rana leading over BSP’s Abdul Waris Khan in Thana Bhawan seat in Shamli by more than 1,000 votes.