WI vs IND 2023 3rd T20I: On Tuesday, August 8, the third Twenty20 International between West Indies and India will take place at the Providence Stadium in Guyana. The Men in Maroon have won the first two games of the five-match series and now require just one more victory to clinch the series.
In the secCategoriesond Twenty20 International played at the same venue, India posted a formidable total of 152-7 in their allotted overs. Twenty-year-old Tilak Varma once again displayed his talent by scoring his first fifty in just 41 deliveries. On the difficult batting surface, however, the remaining Indian batsmen were unable to impress.
West Indies’ reply got off to a terrible start, losing two wickets for just two runs in the first over, with captain Hardik Pandya dismissing Brandon King and Johnson Charles. Despite the initial setback, Nicholas Pooran played a remarkable innings of 67 runs in only 40 deliveries. However, following his dismissal, the home team suffered a mini-collapse, losing three wickets for only two runs in 12 balls, allowing India to stage a revival. However, Akeal Hosein and Alzarri Joseph remained composed and completed the chase with two wickets and seven deliveries remaining.
WI vs IND 2023 3rd T20I
- 27 matches played; 9 victories for West Indies; 17 victories for India; 0 ties; 1 no result.
- T20I statistics and accomplishments at Guyana’s Providence Stadium:
- 12 matches played.
- Four victories for the West Indies
- 2 matches won by the visiting team
- No Outcome: 3
- Three victories by the impartial team
- 126 is the average first inning tally
- Three victories when batting first
- Six victories when batting second
- 169/5 (West Indies) is the most runs scored in a pursuit.
- 100 off 64 balls for the highest score (Mahela Jayawardene).
- 16 sixes is the most by Nicholas Pooran.
- 191/5 (England) is the highest score.
- 68 (Ireland) is the lowest total.
- (Virat Kohli and Rishabh Pant) had the highest partnership with 106 runs.
- Best bowling performance: 4/26 Holder, Jason
Report on the Providence Stadium pitch:
Both batsmen and bowlers benefit from the balanced character of the Providence Stadium in Guyana. Due to the atmospheric conditions, fast bowlers tend to excel here, but spinners also have opportunities to succeed. As the game progresses, scoring becomes increasingly difficult, indicating that the wicket favours bowlers more and more. The average score of 126 in the first inning demonstrates the bowlers’ dominance at this venue. Despite this, a compelling matchup between two formidable teams is anticipated, promising cricket fans an entertaining contest.
WI vs IND 2023 3rd T20I: Guyana Weather Prediction:
The forecast for Providence Stadium in Guyana calls for partly cloudy skies with a 50% chance of precipitation. Despite the possibility of rain-related delays, the match is anticipated to continue. The temperature will be approximately 32 degrees Celsius, and the relative humidity will be approximately 72%. Additionally, a 19 km/h breeze is expected throughout the match.
WI vs. IND Third T20I, Likely XIs:
Kyle Mayers, Brandon King, Johnson Charles, Nicholas Pooran (wk), Shimron Hetmyer, Rovman Powell (c), Jason Holder, Romario Shepherd, Akeel Hosein, Alzarri Joseph, and Obed McCoy represent the West Indies batting lineup.
Shubman Gill, Ishan Kishan (wicketkeeper), Suryakumar Yadav, Tilak Varma, Hardik Pandya (captain), Sanju Samson, Axar Patel, Ravi Bishnoi/Kuldeep Yadav, Yuzvendra Chahal, Arshdeep Singh, and Mukesh Kumar represent India.