World Environment Day 2022 Wishes: It’s World Environment Day on 5 June each year, and to mark the occasion, we’ve put together a list of ten of our favourite WED quotations. Enjoy!
World Environment Day Wishes
W e at World Environment Day, we want to remind everyone of the importance of caring for our planet. Here are some of our favorite world environment day wishes from around the web:
We hope that you will all take the time to learn about and care for our planet. It is our only home!
World Environment Day Messages
On World Environment Day, we have a responsibility to protect the environment and safeguard our planet for future generations.
We must strive to live more sustainably, recycle and compost where possible, reduce our energy consumption, and reduce waste wherever we can. We can do all of this by taking simple steps and working together as a global community.
Each of us has a role to play in creating a more sustainable world. Let’s unite to make a difference!
What we can all do to help the environment
On World Environment Day 2022, we can all do our part to help the environment. Here are a few things that everyone can do:
1. Reduce your waste. Try to recycle and compost as much as you can. It’s not only good for the environment, but it’s also cheaper than throwing away waste.
2. Drive less. Cars are one of the biggest sources of pollution in the world. If you can, try to avoid using your car as much as possible. Take public transportation, bike or walk instead.
3. Plant trees and shrubs. They take up space but also filter air and water quality, reducing the need for costly infrastructure projects like dams and reservoirs.
4. Support renewable energy sources. We need to find ways to reduce our dependence on fossil fuels if we want to protect the environment. Renewable energy, such as solar and wind power, is getting more and more affordable every year. Let’s use it!
World Environment Day Quotes
- “We shall never understand the natural environment until we see it as a living organism. Today you can murder land for private profit. You can leave the corpse for all to see and nobody calls the cops.” -Paul Brooks
- “There must be a reason why some people can afford to live well. They must have worked for it. I only feel angry when I see waste. When I see people throwing away things we could use.” – Mother Teresa
- “Birds are indicators of the environment. If they are in trouble, we know we’ll soon be in trouble”. -Roger Tory Peterson
- “There’s so much pollution in the air now that if it weren’t for our lungs there’d be no place to put it all.” -Robert Orben
- “Earth provides enough to satisfy every man’s needs, but not every man’s greed.” -Mahatma Gandhi
- “Environment is no one’s property to destroy; it’s everyone’s responsibility to protect.” -Mohith Agadi
- “We cannot despair of humanity, since we ourselves are human beings.” -Albert Einstein
- “In all things of nature, there is something of the marvelous.” -Aristotle
- “A nation that destroys its soil, destroys itself”. — Franklin D Roosevelt
- “Take a course in good water and air, and in the eternal youth of Nature you may renew your own. Go quietly, alone; no harm will befall you”. — John Muir
- “Our planet’s alarm is going off, and it is time to wake up and take action!”— Leonardo DiCaprio
- “He that plants trees loves others besides himself” – Thomas Fuller
Poems on World Environment Day
1. Keep our Environment green,
So it will be neat and clean.
Keep it tidy and nice,
It will keep away the rats and mice.
Don’t drop it put in your pocket,
Even if it’s a rusty old locket,
If you drop litter you will be fined,
But if you put it in the bin no one will mind.
2. Butterflies fluttering around
Canoes moving slowly
across the subtle waves
Kids laughing and gawking
Couples holding hands
This is relaxation
This is nature
By Donna Bella
3. The little tree by the old road fence
Grew in the summer sun.
“I want to grow tall”, said the little tree,
“And growing is so much fun”.
The little brook running beneath the bridge
Babbled and sang all day.
“I want to become a river”, it said,
“So I’m hastening on my way.”
The little bird fluttered from out the nest,
And flew far across the yard.
“I’ll be a big bird,” said she and twittered,
“If each day I try real hard.”
The little boy stood on his tiptoes and stretched.
“I’m just like the rest,” said he,
“I want to grow up and see the big world –
And the sooner the better for me!”
Mother Nature smiled at all her fledglings,
But she did not bid them stay.
She knew that to live and grow and age
Is forever Nature’s way.
By Lenore Hetrick
4. Trees offer to those who love them
A message of peace and rest.
They bring the glow of the setting sun
As it vanishes in the west.
They tell of years that swiftly pass,
With little mark or scar.
They tell of evenings that know naught
But calm of evening star.
Trees offer to those who love them
Infinite wisdom and grace.
Underneath their boughs tree lovers
See eternity’s face.
By Lenore Hetrick
5. Trees absorb pollution
protect water catchments
Trees produce life – giving oxygen
Trees mitigate climate change
Trees are culturally important
Trees provide habitat for wildlife
Trees are a legacy for future generations.
World Environment Day 2022: Conclusion
We, the people of Earth, pledge to honor World Environment Day every day in 2022 by working together to protect our planet and its inhabitants. We will build a more sustainable world where we live within the limits of our planetary resources and work together to create a future that is better for everyone.