Japanese bike manufacturer Kawasaki has expanded its India portfolio by launching the BS6 compliant Versys 650. Cosmetically, the BS6 Kawasaki Versys 650 is identical to the BS4 version unlike the BS6 Ninja 650 which was given some significant updates for 2020.
In its BS6 avatar, the Versys 650 gets no design changes and makes do with new body graphics. The company has also not added new features to the bike, unlike its other BS6 products. This means that the only change on the bike is a cleaner powertrain.
Bookings for the new Versys 650 have commenced across dealerships for a token amount of Rs 50,000 while deliveries are set to commence by the end of August 2020.
In the interest of distinction Kawasaki has included a new Candy Lime and Green Black colour scheme, along with a fresh new design to the Versys decal on the bikini fairing.
Kawasaki Versys 650 BS6 Specifications
- The 2021 Kawasaki Versys 650 BS6 continues to draw power from the 649 cc twin-cylinder engine that now develops 65 bhp at 8500 rpm and 61 Nm of peak torque available at 7000 rpm.
- The bike also gets blacked-out mechanical bay and underslung exhaust can. Kawasaki Versys 650 makes use of a semi-digital instrument panel which includes an analogue tachometer and a digital display for readouts like speed, trip meter, odometer, ABS status, etc.
- BS6 Kawasaki Versys 650 looks the same as the BS4 model; it gets a twin LED headlamp cluster, tall windscreen, a large fuel tank, wide handlebars, and split seats.
- The bike uses 41 mm separate function inverted forks with 150 mm front-wheel travel and preload-adjustable laydown mono-shock with 145 mm rear-wheel travel.
- The braking duties are dual 300 mm front and single 250 mm rear disc brakes with dual-channel ABS.
- Apart from the new engine, the Kawasaki Versys 650 BS6 remains identical to the older model. The bike does not get the new TFT instrument console either that has made way on other BS6 Kawasaki motorcycles, while it also misses out on the Rideology app that offers smartphone connectivity via Bluetooth.
- The adjustable windscreen and gear indicator are carried forward.