Genoa vs. Cagliari Prediction: On Sunday, Cagliari will host Genoa in another round of the 2023–24 Serie A season at the Unipol Domus. The local team has experienced a tumultuous reintegration into the Italian premier league; however, recent results have started to improve. Last weekend, they defeated fellow newly-promoted team Frosinone by a score of 4-3 after overcoming a three-goal deficit in the final 25 minutes of play through four goals.
After ten games, Cagliari is nineteenth in the league standings with six points. They are currently two points ahead of last-place Salernitana and, on Sunday, will attempt to increase that deficit.
Genoa, despite experiencing difficulties since their reintegration into Serie A this season, maintains optimism regarding their ability to avert relegation. Following a 1-0 comeback triumph over Salernitana in their most recent league match, they defeated Reggiana 2-1 in extra time in the Coppa Italia on Wednesday.
At the fourteenth spot in the Serie A standings after ten games, the visitors have accumulated eleven points. They will attempt to further develop their newly acquired form when they compete over the weekend.
Head-to-Head: Cagliari vs. Genoa and Key Numbers
- Seventy-two meetings have taken place between Cagliari and Genoa. A total of 27 games have been won by the hosts, whereas the visitors have secured two victories.
- Twenty matches have ended in draws, including their most recent encounter, which remained scoreless.
- The away team has a seven-game unbeaten streak in this matchup.
- In this matchup, the hosts have been unable to score in each of the previous three meetings.
- With 21 goals conceded, Cagliari has the worst defensive record in the Italian top flight this season.
- This season, only three of Genoa’s eleven league goals have been scored away from home.
Genoa vs. Cagliari Prediction
Following nine consecutive losses, Cagliari has now accumulated back-to-back victories. Their most recent outcome marked the end of a four-game losing streak at home, and they will attempt to build upon that momentum this weekend.
In addition, Genoa have triumphed in their last two matches following a one-win losing streak of seven. However, they have suffered defeats in three of their last four away matches and are also susceptible to defeat here.
Anticipated score: Cagliari 1-0 Genoa
Tips for Cagliari vs. Genoa Betting
Tip 1: Cagliari will prevail.
Second Tip: Under 2.5 goals (in six of the last seven meetings between these two teams, fewer than 2.5 goals were scored).
Third Tip: NO to both teams scoring (One of the last seven meetings between the two teams ended in netted goals.)