Foot-to-Head: Strasbourg vs. Clermont and Crucial Numbers
- Recent trends indicate that the score for this game will likely be low. The teams have scored a total of seven goals in their last six meetings. The outcomes of the six matches have been relatively balanced, as three of them have concluded in draws.
- Last weekend’s draw between Strasbourg and Rennes marked the first point accumulated by the club since their September 24 victory over Metz. Their previous three contests had all resulted in losses, which had pushed them further down the table.
- Clermont Foot has achieved a solitary triumph so far this season, triumphing over the relegation zone-bottom Lyon on October 22. Even though they put forth a respectable effort, their limited period of improvement culminated in a 0-1 loss to league leaders Nice last weekend.
- This season, only seven goals have been scored by Clermont, the fewest of any team. However, Strasbourg is also among the lowest scorers in Ligue 1, having amassed only nine goals.
- Clermont, with nine games played, have one fewer match on their tally than the majority of Ligue 1 teams. This occurred on October 8, when their match against Montpellier was prematurely canceled due to audience unrest.
Prediction of Strasbourg vs. Clermont Footplay
This matchup appears to be a close one between two struggling Ligue 1 clubs, but the home team may be in a stronger position to secure the victory.
They appeared adequate in their weekend draw with Rennes and appear more capable of scoring goals and preventing Clermont from doing so than Clermont, despite the latter’s brief resistance to Nice in their previous match.
Although a low-scoring outcome is probable, the prognosis is for a narrow home victory.
Prediction: Clermont 1-0 Strasbourg
A Guide to Strasbourg vs. Clermont Foot Bets
First tip: The outcome was Strasbourg’s victory.
Second 2: Game with fewer than 2.5 goals scored – Indeed, (these two teams are ranked among the lowest-scoring in Ligue 1) and seldom score more than one goal per match.
Third tip: Lebo Mothiba will score for Strasbourg. Indeed, (Mothiba tallied three goals so far and added one last weekend).