CBSE Class 12 students who will be appearing for Business Studies exam, one of the important subjects for Commerce stream, have very little time left for preparation of the examination.
Business Studies, a study of how people organize and act to develop goods and services to satisfy consumers that ultimately focuses on how to make a successful business.
The CBSE will be conducting the class 12 Business Studies exam on March 24, 2020, from 10.30 AM to 1.30 PM. The theory exam is of 80 marks, while the project will be of 20 marks.
There are three parts to the syllabus of Business Studies subject. Hence, Principles and Functions of Management part are one of the most important that carries 50 marks from a total of 100.
Second is the Business Finance and Marketing portion that carries 30 marks. All students have to submit a project of 20 marks weightage.
The concepts of the subject should be understood by the student thoroughly. Having a habit of reading the chapter soon after it has been taught in class is a model practice.
Here are some of the preparation tips to score good marks in the subject-
- Understanding concepts: Read the definitions, features, and reasoning of a concept, understand it would make easy to score well.
- Completing syllabus: The syllabus of CBSE Class 12 is to be covered entirely so that you can answer well of every question asked in the paper.
- Start early: Students need to start early. One can just go through the chapter taught in class, so that it gets retained better.
- Important parts: Capital Structure is a tough concept of financial management that students need to handle with care. Hence, one should understand the topic deeply instead of simply mugging it.
- Written practice: In order to remember the chapter or lesson better, write down whatever you are reading to retain the information better.
- Sample questions: Question papers from previous years are easily available on the Internet. Practicing them within the speculated time frame will help students in adjudging their speed and ability to comprehend what the question actually demands.
- Textbooks are key: For scoring good marks in Business Studies, reading from the CBSE’s NCERT textbooks is good enough. Additional guides can be used to practice mock questions.