CLAT Exam Day Guidelines 2024: The Consortium of National Law Universities (NLUs) Has Disseminated Important Instructions for Candidates Taking the CLAT Exam 2024 on December 3, 2023. The guidelines for Persons with Disabilities (PWDs) and Specially Abled Persons (“SAPS”) with less than forty percent disability have been published. In accordance with the updated CLAT Exam Day Guidelines 2024, candidates who desire the assistance of a scribe or reader are required to notify the Consortium through their applicant portal by uploading the appropriate documents.
It should be noted that, as a result of COVID-19 restrictions, the consortium has required PwDs/SAPs to procure their own scribes and cover the associated expenses until this year.However, as of this year, the Consortium has provided them with the option of requesting either a reader or a scribe.
Candidates who desire to request the Consortium to provide a scribe must do so through their applicant portal by tomorrow, November 26, at 3 pm, as stated in the official CLAT Notification 2024. Candidates of this nature are obligated to submit Annexure I no later than 12:00 pm on November 28, 2023.
Furthermore, candidates who choose to procure their own scribe are obligated to submit Appendix II and III no later than 12:00 pm on November 28.
Exam CLAT 2024: Application Procedure for Scribe
To request a scribe, candidates may fulfill the following straightforward procedures:
- Sign in with your CLAT 2024 credentials.
- The ‘Submit Scribe Documents’ option must be clicked.
- Complete the form by specifying whether you intend to procure your own scribe or whether you will be requesting the consortium to do so proceed by selecting the ‘Save’ option.
Exam day instructions for PWDs and individuals with special needs
Candidates meeting the PWD/Specially-abled Persons eligibility requirements for the CLAT Exam must adhere to the following essential instructions:
- In CLAT 2024, PwDs/SAPs will be granted an additional 40 minutes of time, for a total of 2 hours and 40 minutes.
- On the day of the CLAT 2024, candidates who are PwDs or SAPs are required to bring their authentic Disability Certificate to the testing center.
- PwDs/SAPs candidates desiring the use of a scribe are required to email the consortium the duly completed proformas attached below.