Happy birthday Farah Khan: Winning six Filmfare awards for best choreography and the National Film Award for Best Choreography, Farah Khan, an Indian film director, film producer, actress, dancer and a choreographer, is very well known for choreographing more than a hundred songs in over 80 films.
Farah Khan will be celebrating her 55th birthday this year.
Farah Khan Kunder is a woman of substance and is undoubtedly one of the top choreographers we have in Bollywood.
She also has given some memorable signature steps to Bollywood actors that are still loved by fans. She, later on, went on to make her career in direction, and now is one of the maverick filmmaker’s we have in Bollywood.
Not just that she is famous for her dancing skills but also because, she hosts talk shows, she judges reality shows.
On the personal front, Farah is a mother to three wonderful kids, a dutiful wife and one of the wittiest person on social media. Well, if all this is not enough, she never shies away from voicing out her opinion.
Happy birthday Farah Khan: On her 55th birthday, we bring to you some lesser known facts
- Farah Khan perfectly proved the saying ‘someone trash is others treasure, the axiom’. Her first debut as a choreographer came with Aamir Khan’s ‘Joh Jeeta Wohi Sikander’ after legendary choreographer Saroj Khan walked out of it owing to date issue. She started doing choreography in a local college.
- Apart from choreography and direction, Farah also have interest in acting is seen doing a cameo in several movies. However her first debut in acting was in Shah Rukh Khan and Kajol starrer ‘Kuch Kuch Hota Hai’. She was given the role a girl who makes fun of Kajol.
- Little did anyone know that Farah is way too petrified about the needles and hence often requested the doctors to avoid injecting her.
- Not just the B-town celebs, Farah had even made Hollywood celebrities to dance to her tunes. She had choreographed Kylie Minogue in a song called ‘Chiggy Wiggy’ from the movie ‘Blue’ starring Akshay Kumar. She had has even choreographed pop singer Shakira for one of the MTV awards in 2006 in New York at Radio City.
- Farah Khan is the second woman director who was nominated in the category of best director for her film Main Hoon Na.
Now as she turns 55, let us have a look on some of the best songs choreographed by her-
Ruk Ja O Dil Deewane
Ek Pal Ka Jeena
Chale Jaise Hawayein
Happy birthday Farah Khan !