On Wednesday, the first budget by the Kamal Nath led Congress government was presented for the financial year 2020.
This year there has been a 20 percent increase in the appropriation of worth Rs 2,33,605 crore. Previous year budget which was presented by the then BJP government was of Rs 2,04,642.44 crore.
Let’s look at the key points from Kamal Nath led Congress government’s first budget
- A hefty 66 percent increase in budget for farmer welfare and agriculture development department.
- There has been a provision of Rs 8,000 crore for Jai Kisaan Fasal Rin Mafi Yojana.
- To provide Jal for all, there has been a provision of Rs 1000 crore for Right to water.
- There has been an increase of 43 percent for social justice department of Rs 2891 on account of pension and an increase in the provision of CM Kanya Vivah Nikaah Yojana.
- Provision for expenditure in the health sector has been hiked by 32 percent.
- There has been the provision of Rs 1000 crore for share capital to the cooperative bank.
- For jobs, Rs 330 crore for Yuva Swabhiman Yojana for different department.
- A new scheme has been launched which is called Mukhyamantri Bagwani Evan Khadya Prasanskaran launched with the provision of Rs 100 crore.
- At last, a special arrangement for road construction and irrigation projects.
Rajasthan Budget 2019-20: Key takeaways from Ashok Gehlot’s Budget address