Aadhaar number is a 12-digit random number issued by the UIDAI to the residents of India after the verification process. Aadhar number serves as proof of identity and address anywhere in India. The process for Aadhaar enrollment of a resident of the country involves biometric (photograph, iris-scan, fingerprints) and demographic data of residents (residence address information).
Aadhaar cardholders can download their Aadhaar card online through the official website of UIDAI by face authentication. The new Aadhaar is now more durable, convenient to carry, instantly verifiable offline. The all-new Aadhaar PVC card has the latest security features. Its security features include a hologram, Guilloche Pattern, ghost image & Microtext.
Updating photographs in your Aadhaar card is equally important as appraising your demographic details like a change in your name, address, or date of birth. Updating or changing details on the Aadhaar card is very easy. You can update your Aadhaar details, at any nearby Aadhaar Enrolment Centre.
Here is how to download an Aadhaar card through Face Authentication:
- Log in to UIDAI website
- Click on the option Get Aadhaar Card
- Now you will be redirected to a new page where you need to find the option of face authentication under the Aadhaar Card section.
- You need to find the option of face authentication under the Aadhaar Card section.
- Before selecting the ‘Face Authentication’ option, you need to enter your mobile number and CAPTCHA.
- Now you need to verify your face through the authentication process.
- UIDAI will automatically click your picture after clicking on OK.
- Once your photo is clicked and verified, you can successfully download your Aadhaar Card.