IPL 2022 Mega Auction: The Indian Premier League (IPL) Governing Council has confirmed the dates & venue for the mega auction for Season 15th of the league.
The auction as reported earlier will be held in Bengaluru on February 12 and 13, IPL 2022 Mega Auction Will begin at 3:30 PM IST, IPL Auction 2022 will be telecast on the Star Sports Network.
IPL 2022 Auction New Rule:
- No RTM Card
- Franchise members to follow Covid-19 norms / RT PCR NEGATIVE test to be cleared 24 Hours in advance, enter BIO-BUBBLE
- Player Purse Norms – 90 Cr
When will the IPL 2022 Mega Auction Start? Date:
IPL 2022 Mega Auction likely to be held on Feb 12 and 13
What Time IPL 2022 Mega Auction Will begin? Time:
IPL 2022 Mega Auction Will begin at 3:30 PM IST
What are the venues for IPL 2022 Mega Auction? Venue:
The auction as reported earlier will be held in Bengaluru on February 12 and 13
Which TV channels will IPL Auction 2022 broadcast?
IPL Auction 2022 will be telecast on the Star Sports Network.
How do I watch live streaming of IPL Auction 2022?
The live streaming of the IPL Auction 2022 will be available on Disney+ Hotstar. You can also catch the live updates on insidesport.in
Hotstar has also got into an arrangement with Reliance Jio to stream the IPL Auction 2022 LIVE. Jio Customers can watch IPL Auction 2022 for free.
IPL 2022 Auction: Captains and likely captains of 10-team IPL, Check out full list:
- Chennai Super Kings (CSK): 4-time champions Chennai Super Kings (CSK) will most probably see MS Dhoni lead the team for one last time. Dhoni was the second player to be retained by the franchise during the November retention. All-rounder Ravindra Jadeja was CSK’s first pick for Rs 16 crore, whereas Dhoni took a pay cut and settled for Rs 12 crore. The move also suggests that Jadeja will be in charge of the things once Dhoni opts to retire. Possibility of Jadeja leading the team in the upcoming season with Dhoni there to guide him for smooth transformation can also not be ruled out.
- Mumbai Indians (MI): 5-time champions Mumbai Indians (MI) without an iota of a doubt will lead IPL’s most successful franchise for the 10th successive time. The 34-year-old was recently named the new white-ball captain of the Indian cricket team. MI have retained Rohit for Rs 16 crore.
- Delhi Capitals (DC): Rishabh Pant took the captaincy in the absence of injured Shreyas Iyer. A fit Iyer returned for the second leg, however Pant continued as the captain. He led the team to the playoffs and will be seen donning the captaincy cap again in the IPL 2022. Former captain Shreyas Iyer opted not to be retained by DC.
- Rajasthan Royals (RR): Wicketkeeper-batsman Sanju Samson was retained for Rs 14 crore by the Rajasthan Royals and will be seen leading the side once again in the upcoming IPL 15.
- Sunrisers Hyderabad (SRH): Kane Williamson took over the captaincy from David Warner during IPL 2021 and the Kiwi star will be seen marshaling the Orange Army in another season. The 2016 champions retained Williamson for Rs 14 crore, while Warner was released.
- 6. Punjab Kings (PBKS): Head coach Anil Kumble has confirmed that the franchise would like to build a team around Mayank Agarwal. The Karnataka star was franchise’s top pick during the retentions as he got Rs 12 crore.
- Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR): The 2-time champions are most likely to give the captaincy opportunity to West Indies all-rounder Andre Russell who was their first choice in retention. The hard-hitting batsman has shown loyalty to the franchise and spent 8 seasons with them so far. KKR released their captain Eoin Morgan and vice-captain Dinesh Karthik ahead of the mega auction.
- Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB): Virat Kohli has stepped down from the captaincy and AB de Villiers has retired from all forms of cricket. The Bangalore-based franchise has a major task of naming a captain who can lead the likes of Kohli and Glenn Maxwell. Australian all-rounder Maxwell was RCB’s second pick during the retention period and the franchise has a good captaincy candidate in him. That said, RCB could eye someone like David Warner at the auctions. He has a proven track record as a captain and also looks like an ideal overseas replacement for de Villiers.
- Lucknow: The good news from Lucknow camp is that deal with KL Rahul as captain, KL Rahul was bought for Rs 17 crore, Marcus Stonis & uncapped Ravi Bishnoi fetched Rs 9.2 crore & Rs 4 respectively,
- Ahmedabad: Ahmedabad IPL franchise is all set to announce Hardik Pandya (Captain), Rashid Khan and Shubman Gill as their three draft picks ahead of IPL 2022 Auction. But interestingly, Ahmedabad will pay Rs 15 crore each to both Hardik and Rashid while the former is going to lead the side. Shubman will be paid Rs 8 Crore.
IPL 2022 retained players list by 10 IPL Franchises:
- MI Retained Players: Rohit Sharma (16 Cr), Jasprit Bumrah (12 Cr), Suryakumar Yadav (8 Cr) Kieron Pollard (6 Cr) – No Place for Ishan Kishan, Hardik Pandya, Trent Boult, Quinton De Kock – Player Purse Remaining – 48 Crore
- RCB Retained Players: Virat Kohli (15 Cr) Glenn Maxwell (11 Cr), Mohammed Siraj (7 Cr) – 57 Cr Player Purse remained.
- PBKS Retained Players List: Mayank Agarwal (14 Crore), Arshdeep Singh (4 Crore): Player Purse Remaining – 72 Crore
- SRH Retained Players List: Kane Williamson (14 Cr), Abdul Samad (4 Cr), Umran Malik (4 Cr): Player Purse Remaining – 68 Cr
- CSK Retained Players List: Ravindra Jadeja (16 Cr) MS Dhoni (12 Cr), Moeen Ali (8 Cr), Ruturaj Gaikwad (6 Cr) – No place for Faf Du Plessis, Dwayne Bravo and Ambati Ryudu, Suresh Raina: Player Purse Remaining 42 Crore
- DC Retained Players: Rishabh Pant (16 Cr) , Axar Patel (9 Cr), Prithvi Shaw (7.5 Cr), Anrich Nortje (6.5 Cr): 47.5 Cr remaining in purse: Kagiso Rabada, Shikhar Dhawan, Shreyas Iyer, Ashwin, Avesh Khan released.
- RR Retained Players: Sanju Samson (14 Cr), Jos Buttler (10 Cr), Yashasvi Jaiswal (4 Cr) – 62 Cr Player Purse remaining / No place for JOFRA Archer, Ben Stokes
- KKR Retained Players: Andre Russell (12 Cr), Varun Chakravarthy (8 Cr), Venkatesh Iyer (8 Cr), Sunil Narine (6 Cr) – No place for captain Eoin Morgan, Shubman Gill or Pat Cummins: Player Purse Remaining – 48 Crore
- Ahmedabad Players- Hardik Pandya (Captain) – Rs 15 crore, Rashid Khan – Rs 15 Crore, Shubman Gill – Rs 8 Crore
- Lucknow Players- KL Rahul (Captain)- Rs 17 crore, Marcus Stoinis – Rs 9.2 crore, Ravi Bishnoi – Rs 4 crore
IPL 2022 Auction: Player Purse remaining for each team:
- Royal Challengers Bangalore – RCB: 3 Players Retained, 57 Crore Remaining
- Mumbai Indians – MI: 4 Players Retained, 48 Crore Remaining
- Punjab Kings – PBKS: 2 Players Retained, Player Purse Remaining – 72 Crore
- Sunrisers Hyderabad – SRH: 3 Players Retained, Player Purse Remaining – 68 Cr
- Chennai Super Kings – CSK: 4 Players Retained, Player Purse Remaining 42 Crore
- Delhi Capitals – DC: 4 Players retained, 47.5 Cr remaining in player purse.
- Kolkata Knight Riders – KKR: 4 Players Retained, Player Purse Remaining – 48 Crore
- Rajasthan Royals – RR: 3 Players Retained, Player purse remaining 62 Crore
- Ahmedabad – 3 Players Retained, Player purse remaining 52 crore
- Lucknow – 3 Players Retained, Player purse remaining 59.8 crore