Manchester City vs Young Boys Prediction: Young Boys will be extended an invitation by Manchester City to the Etihad Stadium on Tuesday for the group stage of the UEFA Champions League.
The aforementioned teams met in the rematch last month, and City emerged victorious 3-1 on the road. After Meschak Elia quickly cancelled out Manuel Akanji’s goal in the 48th minute, City took the lead with two goals from Erling Haaland in the 19th minute.
Saturday marked the fourth consecutive victory for the hosts as they defeated Bournemouth 6-1 at home in the Premier League. In addition to Bernardo Silva’s two goals, Jérémy Doku, Nathan Aké, Manuel Akanji, and Phil Foden each contributed one.
Since their 3-1 defeat to City in the Champions League a month ago, the visitors have gone three games without a loss, accumulating two victories. They staged a comeback against Winterthur, 4-1, away in the Swiss Super League on Saturday.
Young Boys vs. Manchester City Crucial and Head-to-Head Numbers
- This is only the second meeting between the two teams.
- The 3-1 victory by City Young Boys marked their second victory in three meetings against Swiss opponents and their seventh loss in 11 meetings against English opponents.
- With 25 victories in their last 27 home games in the Champions League, City has remained unblemished.
- The visitors have failed to earn a victory in any of their seven road matches in the Champions League, including five away encounters against English teams in the same competition.
- This season, Manchester City have an undefeated record in all competitions at home, scoring 19 times in six games while conceding only four goals.
- The away team has recorded six victories in their twelve contests abroad this season, suffering only one loss.
- With nine goals in three games, the hosts have the joint-best attacking record in the Champions League.
Prediction of Manchester City versus Young Boys
This season, the Citizens have suffered a mere three losses in all competitions, all of which have occurred away from home. Since suffering their last Premier League loss to Arsenal in October, they have recorded four consecutive victories.
Saturday marked their most significant victory of the season thus far, as they defeated Bournemouth 6-1 at home. Jérémy Doku, who contributed four assists and scored once, was the star of the show.
Pep Guardiola anticipates that Erling Haaland will be out for the foreseeable future after twisting his ankle against Bournemouth. Injuries sustained by Sergio Gomez and Kevin De Bryune during training have rendered De Bryune an indefinite absentee for the hosts.
The visitors have won two consecutive games since returning from the international break. Both of those victories have occurred away from home, following a three-game losing streak.
This season, they have scored four goals and conceded eight in the Champions League. They have won only one of their previous thirteen travel contests in the competition and may have difficulty here.
Given City’s home-field advantage and the visitors’ unsuccessful streak in the Champions League thus far, the hosts appear poised for a comfortable victory.
Young Boys defeated Manchester City 3-1, as predicted.
A Guide to Manchester City vs. Young Boys Wagering
First tip: Manchester City will prevail.
Second Tip: Goals: Over/Under 2.5 Objectives: Over 2.5 objectives
Third Tip: Yes, at least one goal must be scored in the second half.
Fourth tip: Julián Alvarez may assist or score at any time.