NEET PG Counselling 2021: The official website of the Medical Counselling Committee (MCC) still says “NEET PG Counselling 2021 has been postponed till further orders”.
However, the MCC is soon expected to announce the NEET PG 2021 Counselling schedule and NEET UG Counselling dates.
The Supreme Court allowed the resumption of counselling for NEET-PG 2021 as per the existing reservation policy, including 27% for OBC and 10% for EWS.
NEET PG, UG Counselling: Changes introduced this year
After the Supreme Court judgement on EWS, OBC quota, the MCC is expected to release the counselling notification soon on mcc.nic.in. This year onwards, NEET UG and PG 2021 counselling will be conducted in four rounds. The counselling scheme for central institutions will remain the same as previous years.
“The proposed modified scheme of Online 4 rounds of counselling will be in tune with the prevailing norms of counselling (including the fees and security deposit) being followed for Central Institutes/Universities,” the MCC said.
The MCC has made multiple changes to the counselling policy. This year onwards, UG and PG NEET counselling will be conducted in four rounds – AIQ round 1, AIQ round 2, AIQ mop-up round and AIQ stray vacancy round. Earlier, mop-up and other rounds were for central and deemed universities only.
NEET PG 2021: Check the eligible seats for all India quota admission process
- 50 per cent seats in government colleges of all states except J&K
- 100 per cent seats of central universities (Aligarh Muslim University/ Banaras Hindu University/ University of Delhi/ central institutes) inclusive of all India quota seats + institutional quota seats.
- 100 per cent seats of deemed universities. 50 per cent PG seats of colleges under Employee State Insurance Corporation (for wards of ESIC insured persons).
- All PG seats of armed forces medical services institutions (only registration part).
Documents Required For NEET Counselling
- NEET 2021 admit card.
- Copy of online application form.
- NEET marks sheet.
- Nationality certificate.
- Class 12 marks sheet.
- Class 10 certificate for age proof.
- Aadhar Card.
Both NEET PG and UG counselling was on hold due to this case. Now, after the judgement, the MCC is expected to release the counselling notification soon on mcc.nic.in.