Valentine’s Day is around and the celebration for the day of love has already started by the couples but while some of you are preparing for the day, some of you might have no plans for the day or might have no date for the Valentine’s Day. But for the singles or people with no plans, don’t you worry we have found the perfect date for you.
When people fail to stay, books remain forever. These novels will surely justify the beauty of true love and also maintain your faith in love.
Check out the list of romantic novels of all times
- Pride and Prejudice: One of the most romantic novels by Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice are still remembered and known as the best romantic novel. The novel revolves around the importance of marrying for love, not simply for money, despite the social pressures to make a good match. Many adaptations in form of films, theatres and literature have been made on the film. If romance is everything you think, this novel is a must read.
- The Great Gatsby: This novel by American author Scott Fitzgerald is the most cherished book of all times. Even after being published long back, the novel still holds a deeper relevance with the current generation. The Great Gatsby along with love, hope, despair and fantasy also explore idealism, social disturbance, morals and resistance to change thereby making it one of the greatest love stories ever told.
- Sense and Sensibility: This novel is another romantic classic by the author Jane Austen. The novel is based on a widowed mother and her three daughters and how they experience love, romance and heartbreak. The story justifies the title as the two sisters’ shows sense and sensibility each.
- Anna Karenina: This novel by Russian author Leo Tolstoy is one of those novels which would keep you hooked till the end. Many authors consider this novel as one of the greatest work of literature ever written and the author himself called this novel as his first true novel. The novel has been adapted in various media including television and radio drama.
- Romeo and Juliet: The romantic classic list cannot be completed without mentioning this popular novel by author William Shakespeare. This novel is one of the most celebrated novel s of all times. Numerous adaptations in form of opera, films, books, the theatre have been done on this. This book is a must read especially on Valentine’s Day because Romeo and Juliet are the biggest set example of true love.
This valentine’s day indulge yourself in reading these classic romantic novels. Happy reading!