Pankaj Tripathi who has given innumerable stellar performances to his credit didn’t find success at the industry easily. The actor’s journey is a fine example of why one should never give up on their dreams.
Pankaj grew up in a small village named Belsand of Gopalganj district in Bihar. He comes from a very humble background as his father worked as a farmer and priest.
As the actor turns a year older, here are some unknown facts about Pankaj Tripathi widely known as Kaleen Bhaiya
- Pankaj was interested in honing his acting skills early in life. During the annual festival celebrations in his village, the actor used to play the role of a girl.
- Pankaj was quite active in politics and was part of Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad. He once stayed in police custody for seven days because he raised his voice against the state government.
- Pankaj studied hotel management at Food Craft Institute in Patna. He later also worked as a kitchen supervisor in Maurya Hotel, Patna before acting as a career happened to him Tripathi was rejected by National School of Drama twice. He made it to NSD in his third attempt and graduated in 2004.
- Eight years after he came to Mumbai, Pankaj gave an audition for Gangs of Wasseypur which went on for eight long hours and eventually got the role and since then there was no looking back.
- Pankaj’s name was taken in the special mentions for his performance in the movie Newton at the National Film Awards 2018. The film also made its entry for the Academy Award in the best foreign film category.