Around 85 lakh cylinders have been delivered to Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana (PMUY) beneficiaries in April under the Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojana (PMGKY). Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana is an initiative of the Indian Central Government to help women living Below the Poverty Line. This scheme was launched on May 1, 2016.
PM Ujjwala Scheme is a Central Government funded scheme launched to provide 5 crore LPG connections to BPL families of the country. A budget of 8000 crores was allocated for this scheme by the government. PMUY is currently active and covers 715 districts of the country.
The Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas informed about the development and said, “During April 2020, Oil Marketing Companies(OMCs) have delivered 453.02 lakh cylinders to PMUY beneficiaries under PMGKP. As of 20.5.20, OMCs have delivered a total of 679.92 (lakh) cylinders to PMUY beneficiaries under the package. The beneficiaries were given funds in advance through Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) in their accounts so that there was no difficulty in availing this facility. The Corona Warriors- personnel working in the supply chain of LPG cylinder delivery- have not only been ensuring timely supply of cylinders, but also creating awareness amongst the beneficiaries about the hygiene and various health guidelines.”
Eligibility Criteria for Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana Scheme:
To be eligible to receive the benefits of the Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana Scheme, applicants will have to meet the following criteria:
- Applicant must a woman above the age of 18 and a citizen of India
- Applicant should belong to a BPL (Below Poverty Line) household
- No one in the applicant’s household should own an LPG connection
- The household income of the family, per month, must not exceed a certain limit as defined by the government of the Union Territories and State Government.
- The name of the applicant must be in the list of SECC-2011 data and should match with the information available in the BPL database that Oil Marketing Companies have.
- The applicant must not be a recipient of other similar schemes provided by the government.
Steps to Apply for Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana Scheme:
Individuals will only have to meet the eligibility criteria and provide all necessary documents.
- Individuals will have to first procure the form which is available at all LPG outlets across the country and online at the PM Ujjwala Yojana website.
- Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana This form will have to be filled with details such as Age, Name, Bank Account Details, Aadhaar Card number, and so on.
- Required documents must also be attached with the application form.
- Individuals will also have to mention the type of cylinder that they require based on their necessities.
- This filled in form with documents will have to be submitted to the closest LPG outlet.
Documents Required for Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana Scheme
The documents required for the Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana Scheme are as follows:
- An authorized BPL Certificate by Municipality Chairman or Panchayat Pradhan
- BPL Ration card
- Identity Proof with photo (Voter ID/Aadhaar Card)
- A passport size photograph that was taken recently
- Driving License
- Any utility bill
- Lease Agreement
- Copy of a passport
- Ration Card
- Possession letter or flat allotment
- Self declaration that has been attested by a Gazetted Officer
- House Registration Documents
- LIC policy
- Bank statement
The first four documents are mandatory, the others may or may not be required.