Pradosh Vrat January 2022: Pradosh Vrat is dedicated to Lord Shiva and Goddess Parvati. It is observed on the Trayodashi tithi of both Krishna Paksha and Shukla Paksha, for which the occasion falls twice during every Hindu calendar month.
Pradosh Vrat January 2022: Date
For the year 2022, Pradosh Vrat will be celebrated on January 30, Sunday.
Pradosh Vrat January 2022: Muhurat
Tithi Start : Jan 29, 8:37 PM.
Tithi End : Jan 30, 5:29 PM.
Pradosh Vrat 2022: Significance
Skanda Purana has spoke about the benefits of Pradosh Vrat. According to Hindu scriptures, one who observes the Pradosh Vrat with utmost sincerity and purity can easily please Lord Shiva and Goddess Parvati. This is because on this day, they are extremely delighted and generous and bestow with bountiful blessings and good fortune. Pradosh vrat is also kept for the spritual upliftment and fulfilment of all the desires.
Pradosh Vrat 2022: Rituals
- As meaning of pradosh is ‘relating to the evening’ this vrat rituals are performed during Sandhyakaal that is the evening twilight.
- Before sunset devotees get ready for rituals after taking bath.
- Lord Shiva is worshipped alongwith Goddess Parvati, Lord Ganesha, Lord Kartikeya and sacred Nandi. Some people made these idols with clay.
- A kalash filled with water is kept at puja place on durba grass. Lord Shiva is worshipped and invoked in the Kalash.
- Abhishek is performed, Shivling is given bath with various sacred substances which include milk, curd, ghee, honey, itra, bhaang, chandan, water etc. Bilva patra are offered as these are very auspicious.
- Pradosh Vrat Katha is recited.
- Maha Mrityunjaya Mantra is enchanted.
- Aarti is performed.
- Devotees visit Lord Shiva temples.