Tata Motors on Wednesday launched the Nexon XM(S) for a starting price of Rs 8.36 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi). It’s available with both petrol MT/AMT, as well as diesel MT/AMT engine and gearbox combinations. It sits between the XM and XZ variants across all four powertrain combinations with Rs 50,000 price difference from both the XM and XZ trims.
Tata Nexon XM(S) is claimed to be the most affordable vehicle across segments in India to get this feature.
Tata Nexon XM(S) Features and Specifications:
- The Tata Nexon XM(S) is available in both petrol and diesel options.
- The petrol engine is a 1.2-liter turbocharged Revotron unit that belts out 120PS of maximum power and 170Nm of peak torque.
- The diesel motor is a 1.5-liter turbocharged Revotorq unit that produces 110PS of maximum power and 260Nm of peak torque.
- The transmission options include 6-speed MT and 6-speed AMT.
- Other than an electric sunroof, the new Tata Nexon XM(S) comes with features like automatic headlamps, rain-sensing wipers and steering mounted controls.
- The XM(S) variant retains all the creature comforts of the XM trim like LED DRLs with projector headlamps, electronic stability program, hill hold control, driver, and co-driver airbags, ConnectNext infotainment system by Harman, and multi-drive modes (Eco, City, and Sport).
|XM (S) Manual||₹8.36 lakh||Rs 9.70 lakh|
|XMA (S) AMT||₹8.96 lakh||Rs 10.30 lakh|
|All prices are ex-showroom, Delhi|
Nexon is a key product in the passenger vehicles’ product portfolio of Tata Motors and the company may be looking at cementing its base in the sub-compact SUV segment, especially because newer rivals like Kia Sonet and Nissan Magnite are threatening to take a chunk of the market share when launched.
The Tata Nexon rivals the likes of the Hyundai Venue, Mahindra XUV300, Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza , and Ford EcoSport. It will also take on upcoming models like the Kia Sonet, Toyota Urban Cruiser, Nissan Magnite, and Renault Kiger.