Teachers’ Day is observed on September 5 every year. The day commemorates the birth anniversary of Dr Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan, an exemplary teacher and the second president of India.
Dr. S. Radhakrishnan was one of the most renowned writers in contemporary India. He made significant contributions to a variety of subjects starting from theoretical, theological, moral, instructive, communal, and enlightening subjects. He wrote several articles to many recognised journals which are of great importance.
In celebration of this, September 5 has been assigned as National Teachers’ Day, and on this occasion students all over the country express their gratitude and respect for their teachers. They give greeting cards and other gifts to their teachers.
For many of us, the days we spent at school have become our fondest memories. The teachers we had in school are responsible for that to a large extent too. This year, Teachers’ Day will be celebrated on Saturday. On Teachers’ Day, many remember their former teachers by sending them messages and even gifts.
Most of the schools and institutions make elaborate preparations for the occasion of Teachers Day. Students try many innovative ways to celebrate the day. The day usually starts with a warm Teachers Day speech to thank the teachers for their contribution.
Here are some Teacher’s Day 2020 greetings:
- “I found guidance, friendship, discipline and love, everything, in one person. And that person is you.” ― Happy Teacher’s Day
- Dear Teacher, Thanks for inspiring hope in me, igniting my imagination, and instilling in me – a love of learning. Happy Teachers’ Day.
- Teaching Is Leaving A Vestige Of One Self, In The Development Of Another. And Surely The Student Is A Bank Where You Can Deposit Your Most Precious Treasures. Happy Teachers Day 2020!
- “You took my hand, opened my mind and touched my heart.” ― Happy Teacher’s Day
- May you live long enough to show our next generation the right path to follow and the right way to live their life. You are an inspiration!