अब आप न्यूज्ड हिंदी में पढ़ सकते हैं। यहाँ क्लिक करें
Home » India » Terror attack in London: Islamic State claims responsibility; 7 killed

Terror attack in London: Islamic State claims responsibility; 7 killed

By Newsd
Updated on :
London attack: 6 dead and 48 people were left injured
Source: Indian Express

The Islamic State (IS) claimed responsibility for the London attacks that left seven people dead. A “detachment of fighters from Islamic state carried out London attacks yesterday” the Aamaq news agency said, on Monday.

The Saturday’s attack saw three men in a van plough into pedestrians on London Bridge before going on a stabbing spree. British Prime Minister Theresa May blamed “evil” Islamist ideology for the attack. Police said they had arrested 12 suspects.

Seven people died in two terrorist attacks on London Bridge and Borough Market, in addition to the three suspects who were fatally shot by police. London Ambulance Service updated the number of people injured, saying that 48 people were taken to five area hospitals.

As per police reports, the events unfolded around 10 pm GMT when a vehicle mowed down pedestrians along the London Bridge, police said. Three suspects exited the vehicle at the nearby Borough Market and attempted to stab people.

“Armed response officers then responded very quickly and bravely and confronted the three male suspects who were shot and killed on Borough Market,” Mark Rowley, Britain’s top anti-terrorism officer, said.

“The suspects had been confronted and shot by police within eight minutes of the first call. The suspects were wearing what looked like explosive vests but these were later established to be hoaxes,” he said.

Prime Minister Theresa May planned to chair an emergency security Cabinet session Sunday to deal with the crisis. President Trump spoke with British Prime Minister Theresa May, the White House said that President Trump offered his condolences and said the US would support Britain.

 

Related