The Congress Party on 11 December made a remarkable comeback in Chhattisgarh Assembly Elections by 68 of the total 90 seats in the state. But who will be the next Chief Minister of Chhattisgarh remains to be answered.
The race for the top seat is between state party chief Bhupesh Baghel, TS Singh Deo, the Leader of Opposition in the last Assembly is one of the prime candidates for the post of the Chief Minister.
Here we bring you six facts about the leader you might not know about TS Singh Deo
- TS Singh Deo belongs from a Royal family who once ruled the princely state of Surguja State
- The Chhattisgarh politician is an MA in History
- He was elected as an MLA for the first time in 2008
- The veteran has been in various committees of the state Assembly such as Public Accounts Committee and Committee on Public Sector Undertaking.
- He was elected as the Leader of Opposition in Chhattisgarh Vidhan Sabha in 2014 after winning his Assembly seat for the second time.
- In the 2018 Chhattisgarh Assembly Elections, he won from Ambikapur constituency with a margin of more than 39000 votes.