New Delhi: For registration of a charitable or religious trust, Form 10A is needed for making an application under Section 12A (Income-tax Act of 1961). By logging the E-filing website of the income tax department an individual can file Form 10A online.
Here are some steps to be followed for filing Form 10A by online mode.
Procedure for filing Form 10A
A person can file a Form 10A on the E-filing website of the Income Tax Department. You must file Form 10A online by following the steps below-
- Step 1: Log into the income application department’s electronic application website at https://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/
- Step 2: Then go to the E-file menu in the upper left corner of the website page and click on the highlighted part “Income tax forms”.
- Step 3: Select the Assessment Year and Form 10A from the drop-down list.
- Step 4: Then, select the option “Prepare and submit online” as the submission mode from the drop-down list and click “Continue”.
- Step 5: Before submitting the form, read the instructions carefully and click the “Submit” button.
Important documents required for filing Form 10A
According to the Income Tax regulations, filing process requires the following documents:
(a) For building trust or an institution, under an instrument, a self-certified copy of the instrument creating the trust should be attached during filing.
(b) Other than that, under an instrument, a self-certified copy of the document evidencing the creation of the trust or institution should be attached.
(c) A self-certified copy of the registration certificate.
(d) A self-certified copy of the adoption documents as a proof is required ( if any).