Twitter Inc appointed Parag Agrawal as Chief Executive Officer who will replace Jack Dorsey. CTO Parag Agrawal will take over his position after a unanimous decision between Twitter’s board and Dorsey regarding his successor.
Agrawal, who joined microblogging site in 2011 as an Ads Engineer, succeeded Adam Messinger who left in December 2016.
“I am honoured and humbled. And I’m grateful for your continued mentorship and your frinedship. I’m grateful for the service that you built, the culture, soul, and purpose you fostered among us and for leading the company through really significant challenges,” Parag wrote in a message to Dorsey, after taking the mantle of the San Francisco-based company.
Deep gratitude for @jack and our entire team, and so much excitement for the future. Here’s the note I sent to the company. Thank you all for your trust and support 💙 https://t.co/eNatG1dqH6 pic.twitter.com/liJmTbpYs1
— Parag Agrawal (@paraga) November 29, 2021
All you want to know about Twitter’s new CEO Parag Agrawal
– Parag Agrawal is an alumnus of Indian Institute of Technology-Bombay (IIT-B).
– Agrawal his PhD in computer science from Stanford University in 2011.
– His appointment as CEO was announced by Jack Dorsey on November, 29, 2021
– Agrawal joined Twitter in October 2011 as an ads engineer.
– He takes the position most recently held by Adam Messinger, who left in late 2016.
– Before joining Twitter, he did research internships at AT&T, Microsoft and Yahoo.
– His contributions at Twitter include leading efforts to increase the relevance of tweets in Twitter users’ timelines using Artificial Intelligence (AI).