The World Day of Social Justice is observed on February 20, on every year. Social disparities are the major cause of raising awareness, as people still are victimizing inequality and social injustice in every way. From discrimination in race, color, caste to inequality, this day focuses to enlighten the issues of social injustice.
The major focus that World Day of Social Justice lays on is looking into the possible solutions and changes that can be expedited in society.
This year, the theme for World Day of Social Justice is “A Call for Social Justice in the Digital Economy”. This time the United Nations laid its focus on the growing digitalisation, and the digital divide, and will discuss the sustainable measures to curb the digital divide
On the occasion of World Day of Social Justice, we are bringing some of the best Justice quotes that will inspire you to choose the path of righteousness:
1. Why to live in a place here justice is still a taboo.
- Sometimes, the only way to get justice is to take it for yourself. – Leigh Bardugo
- Justice and power must be brought together so that whatever is just may be powerful, and whatever is powerful may be just. – Blaise Pascal
- The only justice is to follow the sincere intuition of the soul, angry or gentle. Anger is just, and pity is just, but judgement is never just. – D. H. Lawrence
- I think that the day justice forgets that each decision comes at a cost to
- An unjust law is itself a species of violence. Arrest for its breach is more so. Now the law of nonviolence says that violence should be resisted not by counter-violence but by nonviolence. This I do by breaking the law and by peacefully submitting to arrest and imprisonment. – Mahatma Gandhi
- Couldn’t help but make me feel ashamed to live in a land where justice is a game. – Bob Dylan
- Justice, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder. Some see an innocent victim. Others will see evil incarnate getting exactly what’s deserved. – Emily Thorne