अब आप न्यूज्ड हिंदी में पढ़ सकते हैं। यहाँ क्लिक करें
cyfy
Home » Entertainment » CBI states FIR against Sushant Singh Rajput’s sisters by Rhea Chakraborty “vitiated”

CBI states FIR against Sushant Singh Rajput’s sisters by Rhea Chakraborty “vitiated”

The CBI has said that Mumbai Police's decision to even register the FIR was with "total disregard to the law," as two FIRs cannot be registered

By Newsd
Published on :
CBI states FIR against Sushant Singh Rajput's sisters by Rhea Chakraborty "vitiated"

CBI who is probing Sushant’s death case has called actor Rhea Chakraborty’s complaint against Sushant Singh Rajput’s sisters, Priyanka and Meetu “presumptive and speculative,” and supported their petition for quashing of the FIR.

In their reply to the Bombay High Court, the CBI has said that Mumbai Police’s decision to even register the FIR was with “total disregard to the law,” as two FIRs cannot be registered related to the same incident and CBI was already investigating the reasons for Sushant’s death.

In her complaint, Rhea had accused the sisters of preparing a “fake” prescription of medicines for anxiety for Sushant. Mumbai Police registered the FIR last month and transferred the case to the CBI, keeping with the SC’s orders.

The sisters then approached the Bombay High Court through advocating Madhav Thorat, citing discrepancies in Rhea’s statement in the complaint and in an interview to say that the “complaint is an afterthought and only filed to digress the investigation in the death of the late actor.” They have sought damages for the FIR.

Agreeing with the sisters, the CBI submitted that “it is correct that if the allegations mentioned in the FIR, prima facie, do not constitute an offence of make out a case against the accused, the FIR can be quashed by Constitutional Courts. Pertinently, the allegation levelled in the instant FIR is mostly presumptive and speculative.

On Rhea making the allegations after nearly 90 days, the CBI noted that Rhea’s “deviation from earlier statements casts a serious doubt on the bonafide of the person making such a statement.”

The case will now be heard on November 4.

CBI refutes closure of Sushant Singh Rajput case, says probe still on

Related

Latests Posts


Editor's Choice


Trending