Chunky Pandey is known for his funny roles in Bollywood. He has appeared in over 80 movies in a career that has spanned over three decades.
His most successful movies in Hindi were in the period 1987-1993. After the failure of his Hindi films as a lead hero since 1994, his career in Hindi films faded away. Chunky then worked in Bangladeshi Cinema from 1995 and most of his movies in Bangladesh were successful.
He has been acting as a character actor since 2003 in Hindi films. He is the father of actress Ananya Pandey and the uncle of actor and model Ahaan Panday.
As the actor turns a year older, here are lesser-known facts to know about Chunky Pandey
- Chunky Pandey’s real name is Suyash Sharad Pandey. He’s also known as Chandrakant Pandey.
- Chunky is considered a superstar in Bangladeshi cinema.
- Chunky is also associated with an organisation called “Bollywood Electric”, which arranges and hosts stage shows.
- He, along with his wife Bhavna, runs a restaurant in Mumbai.
- Before marrying Bhavna, Chunky was engaged to Anu Kutoor, the MTV VJ.
- The world-famous fitness instructor Deanne Pandey happens to be Chunky’s sister-in-law.
- Actor Sohail Khan happens to be Chunky’s relative. Sohail is married to Chunky’s niece Seema.