Coronavirus has grappled almost every country causing a lot of casualties in a lot of nations. With the global infection rate passing beyond 90,000, it has become now a disastrous epidemic.
3,000 people have been reported dead since the outbreak happened in December. The vast majority of cases more than 80,000 caused in China, but around 60 other countries are now dealing with outbreaks. Many nations are preparing for a global pandemic, as reports of cases caused by community spread rather than importation from China rise.
South Korea, Italy, and Iran are fighting the largest outbreaks outside of China.
In India, the virus has seeped in, as of now eight confirmed coronavirus cases have been reported.
Out of which six cases have come out from Agra and two cases have been reported from Delhi and Telangana.
With this disease spreading so fast we all need to know the preventive measures we need to take to keep coronavirus at bay and not seep in our system.
As of now no vaccine exist to prevent us from coronavirus disease. The best way to prevent illness is to avoid being exposed to this virus. But there are some everyday practices that we can do religiously to cut coronavirus at its core:
How to prevent ourselves from coronavirus?
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Wear a facemask while staying outside.
- People should wear a facemask to protect themselves from respiratory diseases, including coronavirus.
- Facemasks should be used by people who show symptoms of coronavirus to help prevent the spread of the disease to others.
- The use of facemasks is also crucial for health workers and people who are taking care of someone in close settings.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
How to Treat Coronavirus?
- As told there is no specific antiviral treatment recommended for coronavirus. People with coronavirus should receive supportive care to help relieve symptoms.
- For severe cases, treatment should include care to support vital organ functions.
- People who think they may have been exposed to Coronavirus should contact their healthcare provider immediately.