Romania’s Simona Halep maintained the No. 1 spot in the Women’s Tennis Association rankings released on Monday, ahead of Denmark’s Caroline Wozniacki.
Karolina Pliskova of the Czech Republic climbed one spot up to seventh over Japan’s Naomi Osaka, after defeating her 6-4, 6-4 at the Pan Pacific Open in Tokyo, reports Efe.
Germany’s Julia Goerges entered the top-10 list after qualifying for the second round of the Wuhan Open tennis tournament in China, by beating Markela Vondrousova of the Czech Republic 6-3, 3-6, 7-6 (7-4).
Further down the rankings, Kazakh Yulia Putintseva jumped 16 positions to be ranked 45th, thanks to being a runner up at the Guangzhou International Women’s Open.
The current WTA rankings and point scores are as follows:
1. Simona Halep (Romania) 8,061 Points
2. Caroline Wozniacki (Denmark) 5,506
3. Angelique Kerber (Germany) 5,295
4. Caroline Garcia (France) 4,725
5. Petra Kvitova (Czech Republic) 4,585
6. Elina Svitolina (Ukraine) 4,555
7. Karolina Pliskova (Czech Republic) 4,475
8. Naomi Osaka (Japan) 4,390
9. Sloane Stephens (US) 3,912
10. Julia Goerges (Germany) 3,730.