The wedding season is upon us again. We are seeing a number of summer weddings and we can only wonder how the brides are coping with it. With months of planning, exhilaration and running errands to decide on the possibly best outfit for herself to jewelry, wedding invitations and what not. Amidst all of this hustle and bustle, a bride-to-be often forgets the most important thing, that is to pamper herself.
It definitely takes an army for the bride to look mesmerizing on her D-Day but not only that, there is a lot that needs to be done before the big day. It is important that the prospective brides prep their skin and hair for them to look exceptional on their wedding day. Also, the coming days might change their life as they do not get enough time in the new house to pamper their skin and hair.
Dr. Arvind Poswal, Hair Expert and Hair Transplant Surgeon, Dr. A’s Clinic and Achal Arya, Beauty Expert and Director, Astaberry Biosciences have rolled out some important tips for the Brides-To-Be:
- Follow a Skincare Routine Religiously: While prepping up your big day, you have regular visits to the markets or places where the exposure to dust and pollution is substantially high. As much as you move out, your skin is prone to greater breakouts and dirt which necessitates for you to follow a proper skincare routine as you don’t want unnecessary pimples and marks.
Sunscreen is a Must: Before, stepping out of the house always make sure that you apply generous amounts of sunscreen on your skin. Sunscreen has innumerable benefits for the skin as it prevents tans, sunburns and ensures good health of the skin.
- Drink: it is very important for the bride-to-be to stay hydrated. It flushes out toxins from the body and ensures that the system is cleansed thoroughly. Drinking water has benefits as it clarifies the skin, maintains moisture in skin and scalp, promotes cell regeneration, promote hair growth and maintains the glow. Consume more water, smoothies, fresh juices, lime water, and coconut water.
Wholesome Diet: Take extra care of your diet and go for foods that are good for your hair, health, and skin. Include more fresh fruits, healthy fats, green vegetables, eggs, and fish. Avoid junk, aerated drinks, and foods that have content of sugar. Proper diet ensures clear skin and healthy hair.
- Take proper Sleep: In between all the hustle, it is essential that the bride-to-be takes proper rest and sleep. Sleep is absolutely a must before the wedding as a lack of sleep can give you dark circles and fatigue. Sleep for at least 8 hours a day.
- Opt for Natural Ways: Natural ways are the best yet very effective. It is always advised to ditch chemical-based products for natural options.
For Skin: Turmeric, Rose Water and Besan
The amalgamation of these three ingredients is so far the best. The besan works as an exfoliator, turmeric keeps works as a natural antiseptic and the rose water tightens the pores and ensures that the skin is clean and fresh.
– Mix all the contents in a bowl to form a smooth paste and apply the paste onto your skin. Let it stay until it completely dries up and washes it with water.
For Hair: Egg and Yogurt
Eggs are filled with proteins that leave the hair shiny, soft and silky. The yogurt efficiently cleanses the scalp and hair while keeping infections at bay. – Whisk an egg, add some yogurt and apply this hair mask on your hair. let it stay and wash your hair after 20-25 minutes.
Face and Hair Spa: Go in for Spa’s before the wedding because you have to look the best no matter what. Go for regular facials at least six months prior to the wedding. Hair spa is also a mandate as it shall deeply nourish your scalp.