January 24, 2020, will be a busy day for any ardent Indian cricket fan as India takes on New Zealand not just in one match but three! India and New Zealand teams will battle it out in three leagues, it includes an Unofficial ODI (List A), T20I and Under-19 Cricket World Cup match. The day will start early morning on Friday as India A and New Zealand A face-off against each other in the second Unofficial ODI at Christchurch. The match is scheduled at 03:30 AM IST.
Second India vs New Zealand cricket contest of the day will be the T20I between senior teams. The 1st T20I of the five-match series will take place in Auckland, and the game will start at 12:20 PM IST. After clinching the ODI series 2-1 against Australia at home, India will be full of confidence ahead of their full series against New Zealand Down Under.
The absence of Shikhar Dhawan is unlikely to hurt Virat Kohli’s team as it has sufficient back-up to take on a New Zealand squad, always a dangerous proposition on home soil. Here is a brief schedule of the entire lineup of matches between India and New Zealand’s senior teams.
India vs New Zealand 2020 match schedule Details:
India vs New Zealand T20I series:
- 1st T20I: January 24 at Eden Park in Auckland (12:20 PM)
- 2nd T20I: January 26 at Eden Park in Auckland (12:20 PM)
- 3rd T20I: January 29 at Seddon Park in Hamilton (12:30 PM)
- 4th ODI: January 31 at Westpac Stadium in Wellington (12:30 PM)
- 5th ODI: February 2 at Bay Oval in Mount Maunganui (12:30 PM)
India vs New Zealand ODI series:
- 1st ODI: February 5 at Westpac Stadium in Wellington (7:30 AM)
- 2nd ODI: February 8 at Eden Park in Auckland (7:30 AM)
- 3rd ODI: February 11 at Bay Oval in Mount Maunganui (7:30 PM)
India vs New Zealand Test series:
- 1st Test: February 21-25 at Basin Reserve in Wellington (3:30 AM )
- 2nd Test: February 29-March 4 at Hagley Oval in Christchurch (3:30 AM)
There is one more India vs New Zealand contest lined-up on Friday, and that will be the Group stage fixture between India U19 team and New Zealand U19 team at Bloemfontein in South Africa. The U19 CWC 2020 match will begin at 01:30 PM IST.
India A won the 1st unofficial ODI against New Zealand and now will be looking to take an unassailable lead in the three-match series. India U19, on the other hand, lead the Group A team standings in the ICC U19 CWC 2020 with two wins from as many matches and will be aiming to make it three out of three. India, senior team, will be hoping to go one up in the five-match series against New Zealand.