Kangana Ranaut put her heart and soul into Manikarnika, and not only put her best foot forward to portray the iconic queen, where she even got injured may time, but also took up the directorial reigns midway to make sure the film released as per schedule. The film received excellent reviews and did complete justice to the story of Rani Laxmibai.
As the film completes one year, here’s a look back at some major achievements by the film:
1) The film did a business of 103 crores at the domestic BO Kangana’s second female-led film to cross the 100 crore mark.
2) Apart from the total collections, the film registered highest single day collections for a women-led film on Day 2 (18.1 crores)
3) Manikarnika also registered the highest opening weekend for a women-led film (42.55 crores).
4) The film recently released in Japan and holds the third opening position on the Japanese box-office.
5) Manikarnika is the only film by a female director to have a pre-release screening at the Rashtrapati Bhawan.
On the occasion of the 1st anniversary of the film, Kangana shared her thoughts on why Manikarnika will always be very special to her. ”This has been the most remarkable experience of my life. Even though I got injured many times and the film industry hanged up on my first directorial, I named my company after Manikarnika. This will always be a landmark film. LaxmiBai is the ultimate symbol of feminism and nationalism.”