Prayagraj: Bihar Governor Lalji Tandon’s tent was set on fire at Kumbh Mela on late Tuesday night at Prayagraj. This is the third incident of fire breakout reported at the Kumbh Mela.
The fire has erupted in the tent in which Lalji was staying. After the incident, he was moved to the circuit house. The governor’s belongings such as spectacles, mobile phone and watch were burnt in the fire.
Initial investigations suggest that the fire broke out due to short circuit but the further investigation is underway.
There were no injuries and causalities reported in the incident.
UP Health minister and son of the governor, Ashutosh Tandon confirmed the incident