Shaheed Diwas or known as Martyrdom day is celebrated every year on March 23 remember the supreme sacrifices of all the freedom fighters who gave their lives for India’s Independence from the British rule. Freedom fighters’ list is uncountable but these three pillars can never be forgotten: Shaheed Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, and Rajguru.
On January 30, 1948, the Father of Nation, Mahatma Gandhi was assassinated at Gandhi Smriti in the Birla House during the evening prayers. So, the Government of India announced the day as Shaheed Diwas or Martyr’s Day.
Here are some of the Inspirational Quotes:
- “Let us all be brave enough to die the death of a martyr, but let no one lust for martyrdom.” -Mahatma Gandhi
- “The tyrant dies and his rule is over, the martyr dies and his rule begins.” -Soren Kierkegaard
- “A martyr can never cooperate with death, go to death in a way that they’re not trying to escape.” -Stanley Hauerwas
- “The people who have really made history are the martyrs.” -Aleister Crowley
- “It is the cause, not the death, that makes the martyr.” -Napoleon Bonaparte
- “Martyrdom does not end something, it only a beginning.”Indira Gandhi
- “The martyr sacrifices themselves entirely in vain. Or rather not in vain; for they make the selfish more selfish, the lazy more lazy, the narrow narrower.” Florence Nightingale
- “The tyrant dies and his rule is over, the martyr dies and his rule begins.” Soren Kierkegaard
- “The people who have really made history are the martyrs.” Aleister Crowley
- “It is more difficult, and it calls for higher energies of the soul, to live a martyr than to die one.” Horace Mann