National Irish Coffee Day is an annual feast celebrated on January 25 of each year. It’s a special celebration Day for those cocktail lovers from all around the nation.
Need not excuse yourself; instead, you can enjoy drinking this hot and sweet Irish coffee with a justification.
As with a growing number of fan followers, a special Day has been created to celebrate this irresistible cocktail drink made of coffee.
National Irish Coffee Day wouldn’t get completed without immersing yourself in the combo of the whiskey and coffee drink.
Withstands the cold winter season of the year with this old hot drink.
History of National Irish Coffee Day:
The history, origin, and the year from when the National Irish Coffee Day has been celebrated are unknown. There is no exact mention regarding the creator of such a cocktail celebration Day.
However, the tradition of Irish Coffee dates back to the 1940s. Irish Coffee is a cocktail drink prepared from hot coffee, Irish whiskey, and sugar or brown sugar.
The mixture is well stirred and is usually topped with thick cream. Anyone can drink it through the cream.
However, the original Irish Coffee recipe uses a cream that has not been whipped. In some parts of the world, this drink is sold as a recipe made of whipped cream.
The colloquial version of Irish coffee is also sometimes referred to as any alcoholic coffee drink. Irish Coffee was introduced to this world by Joe Sheridan in 1942.
How to celebrate National Irish Coffee Day:
Celebrating National Irish Coffee Day is quite simple. You can indulge yourself in tasting this drink if you haven’t drunk earlier. Get to know about the Irish Coffee and it’s made at home.
Prepare a homemade Irish Coffee drink for your family. Invite your friends and family for an Irish Coffee celebration party and serve them the drink in the Irish Coffee mug.
How to make Irish Coffee:
Here is the recipe for Irish coffee that is listed below:
- Fill the mug halfway with hot water.
- Pour the sugar first, followed by the Coffee, into a warmed mug.
- Stir until completely dissolved.
- Stir in the Irish whiskey once more.
- Pour the cream over the back of a spoon to float it on top. Don’t stir anything else. Drink the Coffee through the cream instead.
Fun facts about Irish coffee:
Brush up on your knowledge of Irish coffee for National Irish Coffee Day with these fun facts. Some may surprise you!
- Irish coffee was invented in Foynes, Ireland.
- There are four ingredients to Irish coffee: coffee, Irish whiskey, brown sugar and whipped cream.
- Irish coffee is a great drink to serve on St. Patrick’s Day.
- Though invented in Ireland, part of the history of Irish coffee takes place in San Francisco.
- Irish coffee is very versatile. It is a popular drink to serve during the winter, and also at brunch.
- Irish coffee was invented in 1942, and arrived in America in 1951.