Prabhas, who will be seen next in Radha Krishna-directed period drama turns a year older. The Rebel Star, whose original name is Uppalapati Venkata Satyanarayana Prabhas Raju, is flush with the stupendous success of Saaho, especially in North India.
Prabhas made his acting debut in 2002 with Eeshwar, he also made a mark in Raghavendra that was released a year later. It was Varsham (2004) that established him as a full-fledged action hero and catapulted him into the league of superstars.
The Telugu superstar is always asked about his marriage plans. The heartthrob has been time and again linked with Anushka Shetty, but the duo has always denied being into a relationship.
As the actor turns a year older, here are lesser-known facts to know about the Baahubali star
- Prabhas’ real name is Venkata Satyanarayana Prabhas Raju Uppalapati.
- He is the first South Indian actor who has as a wax statue in Madame Tussauds, Bangkok.
- Prabhas’ all-time favourite Telugu film is his uncle Krishnam Raju’s Bhakta Kannappa, which released in 1976.
- His favourite actor from Hollywood is Robert De Niro.
- Not many know, Prabhas had been a part of Bollywood already. He made his Bollywood debut with Ajay Devgn’s 2014 film Action Jackson, but it was a blink-and-miss appearance in the film.
- His favourite food is biryani and his favourite colour is black.
- Till date, he has apparently received 6000 marriage proposals.