The Russian Premier league gets underway from Monday, July 15 with Rubin Kazan facing Lokomotiv Moscow. Lokomotiv Moscow are extremely motivated after their Russian Super Cup win last weekend, also Lokomotiv have been unbeaten in the 25 games in their last 26 games. At home, they are on the an 18 game invincible streak as well.
For Lokomotiv Moscow, this edition of the showpiece league is all about going that extra step while keeping firm the successful platform they had churned out last season. After snapping at Zenit’s heels throughout the season. Moscow ultimately fell short by 8 points in the end to finish a solid campaign in second place.
Russian Premier League
Match: Lokomotiv Moscow Vs Rubin Kazan
Date And Time: 15th July, Monday- 10:30pm IST
Venue: RZD Arena, Moscow
Predicted Lineups, RBK vs LOK:
Lokomotiv Moscow: Guilherme; Zhivoglyadov, Corluka, Cerqueira, Rybus; Barinov, Kyrchowiak; Zhemaletdinov, An. Miranchuk, Al. Miranchuk; Smolov.
Rubin Kazan: Duplin, Davitashvili, Uremovich, Bashkirov, Danchenko, Denisov, Kvaratskhelia, Konovalov, Markov, Podberezkin, Sorokin.
- Lokomotiv Moscow is one of the biggest clubs in Russia and one of the major contenders for the Russian Premier League title this season. They finished 2nd in the league last season.
- Rubin Kazan is also a major Russian club but finished 11th in the League last season. Kazan lost a lot of major players to other clubs in the summer transfer window and also bought a lot of new players. Their composition in this match is very uncertain.
- Lokomotiv Moscow is a team that relies on its defensive solidity to win matches.
- Lokomotiv Moscow won the Russian Cup last season and also defeated champions Zenit St Peterburg 3-2 in the Russian Super Cup last week.
- When these two teams met last season, both matches ended in a 0-0 draw.
RBK vs LOK, Head to Head:
Matches played – 6, Lokomotiv wins – 4, Rubin Kazan wins – 0, Draws – 2.