She made her debut in the year 2010 and it’s been an amazing journey for the actress. From a brief role in her debut movie Teen Patti to her latest release Batti Gul Meter Chalu, Shraddha has been a consistent actor all through.
She has been part of movies like Luv Ka The End, Aashiqui 2, Haider, Ek Villain, ABCD 2, Rock On 2, A Flying Jatt, Ok Jaanu, Half Girlfriend, Haseena Parkar, Stree and more.
The actress turns a year older today and let’s go through the lesser known facts on her special day
- According to reports, Shraddha was offered a film by Salman Khan upon being impressed by her school play at the age of 16 but she refused it as she wanted to pursue Psychology at that time.
- Shraddha joined the Boston University to pursue Psychology major but dropped out of the university in the very first year and made her debut in acting with Teen Patti.
- Shraddha has always been fond of dancing and in a previous interview Athiya Shetty has revealed that was friends with Shraddha and Tiger Shroff in school days and they all used to participate in various dance competitions.
- Shraddha’s favorite romantic film of all time is Guru Dutt’s Pyaasa.
- Apart from acting, Shraddha also has a fashion label named Imara that was launched in the year 2015.
- Shraddha has gained attention when she was offered role beside Arjun Kapoor in Aurangzeb but she had chosen Mohit Suri’s Aashiqui2 over the YRF production.
- According to a report Shraddha Kapoor is frightened of lightning.
- A report also suggests that Shraddha loves all the films of her dad Shakti Kapoor and is a huge fan of Amitabh Bachchan and Johnny Depp. The main reason behind Shraddha signing Teen Patti was Big B in a key role.
- Apart from being a dance professional, Shraddha also loves adventure sport and is a certified Scuba Driver, states a report.
- The fact that Shraddha is the daughter of Shakti Kapoor and Shivangi Kapoor and niece of Padmini Kolhapure is known to all but not many people know that she’s the great-niece of the Mangeshkar siblings – Lata, Asha, Meena, Usha, and Hridaynath.