Shasthi is celebrated with immense enthusiasm and fervour. Goddess Durga is welcomed with Bodhan, invitation and worship. The face of the goddess is uncovered in idols amid the sound of dhak and shankha dhwani.
On the sixth day of Navratri, Goddess Katyayani Devi is worshipped on this auspicious day. Katyayani is the sixth avatar of Navdurga. She may be depicted with four or ten or eighteen hands. She is one of the most powerful avatars of Devi Durga. It is believed that Maa Katyayani eliminated Mahishasura.
Although, this year the celebration will not be as big as it used to be due to the coronavirus pandemic. Durga Puja this year will take place from October 22 to October 26. Shasthi holds great significance and is celebrated with lots of enthusiasm.
Devotees believe that Goddess Durga enters the mortal world on Maha Shashthi after she completes her journey in Kailash. It is said that she comes to earth to visit her father and arrives with her children – Ganesha, Kartika, Laxmi, and Saraswati. This day is often considered a custom for ladies to participate and set up the Durga Ghat before Durga arrives so that she feels welcomed to her father’s home.
On the occasion of Subho Shasthi, here’s are WhatsApp wishes, greetings, and images for the sixth day of Navratri 2020:
Subho Shasthi Wishes:
- Shubho Shasthi. Here’s wishing you and your family a very Happy Durga Puja.
- On Shasthi, here’s extending my heartfelt greetings to you and your loved ones.
- This Durga Pujo, may you be blessed with Maa Durga’s strength, Maa Saraswati’s wisdom and Maa Lakshmi’s wealth. Here’s wishing you a very blissful Durga Pujo.
- May all sufferings and agonies end with the arrival of Maa Durga, who epitomises Shakti. Here’s wishing you a very blissful Durga Puja.
- There’s something magical about this festival. It transforms the ordinary into the extraordinary, darkness into light and agony into ecstasy. Maa Durga brings along with her unparalleled energy, happiness and joy. Happy Durga Puja to you and your family.
- Yaa Devi Sarva Bhuteshu Shanti Roopen Samsthitaa, Namas Tasyai Namas Tasyai Namas Tasyai Namo Namah. A very Happy Durgo Pujo to you and your family.
- May Maa Durga bless you with good health, wealth, happiness, prosperity and long life. Joy Maa Durga.
Subho Shasthi Greetings:
- This Subho Shasthi I want to thank you, For all the times That you have been by my side. I want to thank you for the times, You held my hands, Through the tough times. And made it much more easy For me to face rough tides. I want to thank you for every moment You made me feel loved and wanted Sending you my choicest greetings this Subho Shasthi!
- My love, you have forever been there for me, in good times or bad times to always add a glee. As the joy and festivity fills up the air, All I wish is this that Maa blesses us. I do not have words to thank you for your presence. The rhythm of the ‘dhak’ loses meaning in your absence. Wishing you a joyous Subho Shasthi!
- May the festive season brightens your day and night, May it adds color and make your life more bright. May it amply removes all worries from your life, And gives you the strength to face every strife. May it bless your life with lots of joy and health, May it further enrich you with lots of peace and wealth. Happy Subho Shasthi!
- Good health, success, happiness and prosperity, Joy, peace, love and lots of popularity. These are my wishes for you this festive season, For all my joy and happiness you are the only reason. Happy Subho Shasthi!
- May Maa Durga empower u with her 9 blessings of Name, Fame, Health, Wealth, Happiness, Humanity, Gyaan, Bhakti & Shakti! Happy Subho Shasthi!