After the announcement of Unlock 1.0 by PMO (Prime Minister of India), several services have been resumed in different parts of the nation. In this episode, salons and barbershops have also been resumed.
The Tamil Nadu Government has mandated the salon owners to prepare a record of their customers including the Aadhar card details. Customers should carry their Aadhar Card for haircuts.
As per the circular issued by the Commissioner of Revenue Administration J Radhakrishnan, “The salons, beauty parlours and spas should maintain a register for noting down the name, address, mobile number and Aadhaar card details of the customers”.
Some other rules for Salons, beauty parlours and spas in Tamil Nadu are as follows:
- The shops are advised to provide service by appointment to maintain the social distancing norms.
- The blades should be changed regularly. The same blade shall not be used for another customer.
- Disposable towels should be used. The non-disposable towels should be washed regularly.
- Air conditioners should be avoided for a while. The doors and windows of the salon should be left open for circulation.
- The owners and workers of the salons, beauty parlours and spas should avoid touching their nose, mouth, and eyes often.
- The salons, beauty parlours and spas should ensure availability of paper napkins for the workers to help them clean their hands and remove them safely.
- Hair straightening machine, hair curling machine, spa stones and heater, slimming equipment, face and hair steamers, laser hair remover, hood face dryers, and sanitizers should be cleaned with sanitiser before and after use.
- The workers should clean their hands using sanitiser before and after completing their service. They should wear masks and gloves.
- Chairs, handles, tables, handles of doors, mirrors and massage beds and chairs, the beds used for pedicure and facials/spa trolleys, water taps should be sanitised five times a day with hypochlorite mixture or Lysol.