Vaikuntha Ekadashi 2022: Ekadashi has special significance in Hinduism. Ekadashi Tithi is dedicated to Lord Vishnu. According to the Hindu calendar, Ekadashi Tithi falls twice in every month. There are a total of 24 Ekadashi Tithis in a year.
Ekadashi fast can be observed by both men and women. According to religious beliefs, worshiping Lord Vishnu with rituals on the day of Ekadashi gives freedom from sufferings and fulfills wishes.
When is the first Ekadashi of the month of January?
The Ekadashi that falls in the month of Paush is called Paush Putrada Ekadashi. It is also known as Vaikuntha Ekadashi.
The first Ekadashi of the month of January will fall on January 13, 2022. Ekadashi Tithi will start from 04:49 pm on 12th January, which will continue till 07:49 pm on 13th January.
- First of all, after taking the bath, clean the temple.
- After this sprinkle Gangajal all over the house.
- Now bathe the Lord with Gangagal.
- Offer roli, sandalwood, akshat etc. to the deity.
- After adorning it with flowers, offer it to God.
- On the day of Paush Putrada Ekadashi, first of all do the aarti of Lord Ganesha.
- After this, perform the aarti of Lord Vishnu and Goddess Lakshmi.
Mantras of Lord Vishnu:
- Om Namo Bhagavate Vasudevaya
- Shri Krishna Govind Hare Murare. Hey Nath Narayan Vasudeva.
- Narayanaya Vidmahe. Vasudevaya dhimahi. Tanno Vishnu Prachodayat.
- Om Hoon Vishnave Namah
- Om Vishnave Namah
- Om Namo Narayan. Shri Mana Narayan Narayan Hari Hari.
- Om Anam Vasudevaya Namah 8- Om Sankarshanaya Namah
- Om Anam Pradyumnaya Namah
- Om A: Aniruddhaya Namah
- Om Narayanaya Namah
Vaikuntha Ekadashi Vrat Timing:
The Ekadashi Tithi for Pausha Putrada Ekadashi Begins at 04:49 PM on January 12, 2022, and will go on till 07:32 PM on January 13, 2022.
Since the sunrise during the Ekadashi Tithi falls on January 13, people will observe the Ekadashi fast on this day.
Vaikuntha Ekadashi Fast Breaking Time:
The Ekadashi fast is a stringent full-day fast where devotees refrain from eating anything or even drinking water for the entire day.
The Ekadashi fast is broken only on the next day during the Prana Time. Prana Time for Pausa Putrada Ekadashi 2022 is on January 14 from 07:15 AM to 09:28 AM.
Vaikuntha Ekadashi Vrat Katha:
The observance of the Ekadashi fast is said to be extremely important for devotees of Lord Vishnu. They believe that this fast helps appease Lord Vishnu and atone for all their sins.
People who aspire to attain moksha also observe this fast. The observance of Pausha Putrada Ekadashi especially revolves around praying for the long and healthy life of one’s child and is also observed by those yearning for the boon of children.
Many people also believe that the gates of Lord Vishnu’s inner sanctum, also known as Vaikunta Dwaram, are opened on this day; this is why the day of fasting is also known as Vaikuntha Ekadashi.